to tony

to tony

tony, do you do counseling or are you a counselor? you said if i was face to face with you, you could help me in three minutes. well ihave been to several counselors aboutmy jealousy, insecurity, lack of trust etc. and ihave gotten very little good results. i go in and tell them i have a problem with jealsouy and that is all they work on. they don't see the other underlying issues that i know are there and they only do preventitive treatment. so what can i do? i don't feel like they help much, maybe for a little while and only for that one thing, but i know i have alot of underlying issues that need to be addressed that they dont' see. what can i do?

You need to go to the RIGHT counsellor. Helping people with emotional and social issues is very difficult. It requires a combination of advanced education and a considerable about of intuition, which a lot of therapists don't have. It also requires empathy, personal experience, and a sincere desire to help people.

Additionally, it requires someone with great depth and experience in delving deeply into the human mind. However, intuition is of greatest importance.

I am really, really sorry. I think mental health services are sadly lacking in most areas of the world, not necessarily because there is a short of counselors but because so many are not really qualified to get swiftly to the root cause of problems and give proper therapy.

There are probably a handful who even stretch things out for profit motives.

My answer to you is talk around, get references, and find the best person you can. Also, there is no better person that yourself to look inside and get to the root of your problems. Read books you think will be helpful in teaching you technicques to do so. They are in the self help section of any good bookstore.

You keep asking what can you do...sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horn and get things done yourself. Use your own intuition.