Lost my head then got it back

CopingGal

So I unblocked my ex's email address, texted him when I was down, and offered to be a "friend with benefits" if he finds himself outside of a relationship or in an uncommitted one- which is highly unlikely because he acts as if he can't live without a girlfriend.

I lost my head. I miss him more than I can say...but this person treated me terribly and broke my heart 4 different times, even though he did not break up with me 4 different times.

Four is enough and WAY too much. I took back my offer and closed the email mechanism I had unblocked his name on. It was not my main email address I was using. I did not give him my new main email address.

I'm glad I got my head screwed back on straight.

So I unblocked my ex's email address, texted him when I was down, and offered to be a "friend with benefits" if he finds himself outside of a relationship or in an uncommitted one- which is highly unlikely because he acts as if he can't live without a girlfriend.

I lost my head. I miss him more than I can say...but this person treated me terribly and broke my heart 4 different times, even though he did not break up with me 4 different times.

Four is enough and WAY too much. I took back my offer and closed the email mechanism I had unblocked his name on. It was not my main email address I was using. I did not give him my new main email address.

I'm glad I got my head screwed back on straight.

thats good to hear you finally came to your senses, as a person who realizes their self worth one should never undermine their values just for another ones benefit.

as long as you remember to never put him above yourself. Never compromise what you want, never compromise your values for his. If he is not willing to negotiate then you shouldn’t be willing to stick around. it's really hard to do especially when you are IN LOVE with someone but it has to be done.

• Author

I am willing to compromise on some things, because not every couple can be a 100% perfect match...but ignoring my calls every weekend and then during the week, and then keeping me from his son, his friends and from his job is just ridiculous. He had one excuse after another as to why he was doing this. It really hurts that he thinks doing these things to me, plus lying to me throughout the relationship was acceptable. It was acceptable to him, because he was the person doing that nonsense. It was done by him, not to him.

I use to break NC once a week. I no longer do that. He's just too childish and too ridiculous to compromise my recovery of my broken heart for. Screw him.