Does using a condom for men help sustain an erection?

Jeanette

My boyfriend and I have always used a condom during sex. At the beginning it was normal for both of us, but now that we have gotten so close it almost seems like an insult that he never tries without.

I am on the pill and have never gotten pregant in the past with my ex who didn't use a condom after we had gotten to know each other.

When I asked him why he didn't want to try it without he told me that if does it without a condom, he ejaculate right away and can't control himself. According to him, the condom helps him sustain his erection, but I don't belive him. Is this true for other guys? I've never heard of this before and almost suspect him to be seeing other women. For Why else would he want to use a condom unless he wanted to fool around?

I find it so much more intimate and meaningful to have sex with a man who doesn't use a condom that I really feel cheated here. Could his this bit about sustaining an erection be true or is it just a cop out?

It is possible that it's true, but I have serious doubts. But until you get direct and reliable medical advice, I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

For most men, sex without a condom is the most comfortable, the most pleasureable and the least awkward, not to speak of the cost savings.

From my observations in discussing the matter over the years, I have found that men who will not have sex without condoms either are unable to ejaculate at all for medical reasons, usually because they are taking certain medications (and don't want the woman to know) or have other dysfunctions, or they have an irrational fear of germs. There are a few who do have an absolute and horrifying fear of getting a lady pregnant.

If, in fact, your guy is telling the truth, there are treatments for premature ejaculation and he should seek that treatment from a urologist or other qualified physician as soon as possible.

He is very lucky to have a lady like you who is willing to help work with him in overcoming whatever difficulty he is having. Whatever the problem, with proper treatment and/or education, he can get over the hurdle in a relatively short span of time.