It's been 8 months

Zidonuke

It's been 8 months since he broke up with me. 2 months since I've last talked to him. We were talking frequently up until July 30th.. my birthday. He told me happy birthday, and I never replied. Neither of us has tried to talk to each other since. I don't know why he just stopped talking.

But a month after he stopped talking to me, he got into another relationship. I saw it on facebook. I am now in another relationship as well.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about him since January. Yes, I am happy with my new boyfriend, but I cry once every couple weeks still from missing him. I check him and his new girlfriend's facebook every day.

Will this pain of missing him ever go away? Should I break up with my boyfriend? How long does it take somebody to truly get over their ex?

I think part of the pain will diminish if you stop going to your ex's facebook page.

Secondly, I don't think you ever get over your ex 'just like that'. You must learn to accept that the relationship is over. But that takes time and hard work.

You get over your ex when you find some way to give him a place in your heart. You don't entirely get over him, you just accept he was part of your past and cherish the memories you had with him.

As for your current boyfriend... treat him well.

Good luck.