Don't feel like I've achieved enough since BU

Sugarkane

Reading other people's posts who have been in NC as long as I have, I feel like this. I have tried dating a couple of other people, but no dice. I feel especially jealous of one guy who had a picture of himself rockclimbing. I'm sorry but can't find which post it was.

Dont compare yourself . That's my biggest mistake . Focus on getting better and looking after yourself . Do what makes you happy and not others . I've been nc 4weeks I think and breakup since late July . I've been on lousy dates and haven't done anything amazing , just going to work and the gym .

Do what makes you happy. If that's mooching around at home, do that.

What would you like to do?

Dude! You live in Australia! The home on extreme sporting and awesome outdoor adventures! Plus, in my opinion, Aussie girls are among the HOTTEST girls on the planet!!!

Dude! You live in Australia! The home on extreme sporting and awesome outdoor adventures! Plus, in my opinion, Aussie girls are among the HOTTEST girls on the planet!!!

agreed. id love love love to be in australia. Try being in the UK!

Erm, Sugarkane is not a dude, hence I doubt this will cheer her up much ^^

I remember the guy with the rockclimbing pic, and if I remember correctly, he did struggle a lot through his breakup too.

Your ex was a total douchebag and the fact that you didn't let your breakup glide over you like water on a duck's feathers, and immediately jump back to another douchebag, sounds like a good thing to me. You probably need this time to reflect on yourself and your relationship choices, so as to make sure this never happens again. Yeah, it sucks but you'll probably be thankful for it in the long run. In the meantime keep on venting and ranting as much as you need to on this board, you probably still have quite some stuff to process.

I have to say though, that I agree that being in Melbourne kinda rocks.

Most of us hardly do anything exciting , its mostly backpackers who do that hehe .

LelouchIsZero

Outdoor adventures? what exactly do you think Australia is like? haha.

agreed. id love love love to be in australia. Try being in the UK!

As I don't particularly have much to compare with, I will say that Australia is a nice place in some aspects, but for me, its a rather boring place to be. Besides, its never really where you are that's important, its who you're with :p.

Back on-topic, what exactly do you feel you need to "achieve"?

@Sugarkane- yes, I know that post with rockclimbing too, should I insert happy or sad emoticon here? I did neither rockclimbing nor sky-diving, nor gotten a job, havent falled deadly in love with anyone else, havent had row of dates.

So a year later where am I? I guess its just this, I am year apart, gone, away from HER, no contact all the way, and a year inbetween makes me and her quite some strangers. This doesnt mean that she isnt popping in my head 5 seconds after Im awake, each day =(

I feel especially jealous of one guy who had a picture of himself rockclimbing.

Maybe that pic was not of him? Like that NEVER happens on the internet, huh? ;)

Be the best you can be, even if you feel you can't. Keep trying to move ahead. It might be 2 steps forward and 2 steps back for a while. But you'll eventually move ahead and beyond this.

Reading other people's posts who have been in NC as long as I have, I feel like this. I have tried dating a couple of other people, but no dice. I feel especially jealous of one guy who had a picture of himself rockclimbing. I'm sorry but can't find which post it was.

That was Jeff who posted the rockclimbing picture! He no longer posts on these forums, but another poster was right, he did go through absolute hell while healing from his ex, so it's not like he bounced right back immediately after the break-up and went rockclimbing and then got over it. But he did finally get closure, and it truly was well-deserved. He had his share of rough times, as we all will.

But SugarKane, you cannot compare yourself to other people who are in the healing process. We all have to find our own way, however long or short it takes. For some people, jumping out of planes and other high-adrenaline activities are the finally 'cement' that completes their progress, for some people it's reading a groundbreaking book, for some it's traveling to a different country, for some it's a roadtrip, for some it's merely coming on here and venting, etc. No one way is really better than the other. We're all individuals at the end of the day and should just focus on ourselves when it comes to how we heal.