Would this be in poor taste?

I really like one of my good friends. He's kind, I love his sense of humor, and I pretty much find everything about him endearing. But he has a girlfriend, so I have been very careful to not cross that boundary.

Recently, I realized that my feelings for him were becoming too strong. So now I feel I have to make a decision. Either I let go and move on, or I let him know how I feel and see where that goes.

Do you think it would be in poor taste to confess to someone who is already attached? I am not looking to have him cheat on his girlfriend; I just want closure, whether it be rejection or acceptance.

• Author

No, he doesn't live with his girlfriend, but they live near each other. They've been together for three years. What I've heard from mutual friends is that he wasn't a great boyfriend in the beginning; he would prioritize his friends over her. But recently he has matured and gotten better at involving her more/being more considerate.

I will admit that hearing about how he may not be as into his current relationship anymore has given me hope, as horrible as that sounds.

No, he doesn't live with his girlfriend, but they live near each other. They've been together for three years. What I've heard from mutual friends is that he wasn't a great boyfriend in the beginning; he would prioritize his friends over her. But recently he has matured and gotten better at involving her more/being more considerate.

I will admit that hearing about how he may not be as into his current relationship anymore has given me hope, as horrible as that sounds.

Just go for it then its his fault for giving you hope. Does he find you sexy?

• Author

Lol, I don't think it's him who's giving me hope. It's really just my wishful thinking and certain things I've heard and observed. But anyway, to answer your question, I've no idea. He enjoys my company, that's all I'm sure about. Of course, that could be a completely platonic thing on his part, who knows.