taking a break

FordLover

my girlfreind wants to take a break for a week and step back and look at uor relationship. i agreed to it and i think its a good idea. but i'm afreid of what might happen. we have been going out for almost 6 months and i love her truely and deeply. we have been through a lot.we have been all the way, well hell i might as well say it, we have made love, she whated to wait to we were married, but one night she gave it up, now i know what you are thinking, i convinced her but not true, she said she whated me in her and i asked her if she was sure and she said yes. but thats another subject, my question is what does she mean by taking a break? i dont want to lose her, i just need some advice.

What she means by taking a break is she wants time to think about whether or not she can live without you, whether or not she wants to see other people, whether or not she wants to be with you any longer.

Chances are she'll come back, since it's only a week. (Frankly, I think she'll ask for an extension). Maybe an old flame of hers is coming into town for a week and she wants to be free to see him while he's in town. Maybe she has asked for some time out to prepare you for a split ahead. If she was truly happy, there's no way she would want or need to step back and look at things.

Under normal circumstances, when a lady asks for space she usually wants out. It's lots easier to ask for space than it is to go through all the nasty stuff of a breakup. If they ask for space and stay away, they just hope you'll forget about them and go on with your life.

If a person is in a relationship that they value and is fulfilling to them, they usually don't need a vacation from it.

Then again, she may be upset because you are a FordLover and she wants to use her "Explorer" to see if other people out there have better tires.

Hey man, dont feel too bad. My girlfriend and I met and after a week we were living together for the last five months. Even though this is different, there has ben a lot of ups and downs. She has told me that she is extremely confused, but I know that she really loves me. She told me that she needs a week or two to figure out things, to sort stuff out. She has told me that she wants this to work and she does love me, but she's really confused and afraid.

Now there is a chance when women want space that they've had their fun, and that they may want to break up. But they're an equally good chance that she really needs space. I guess that question you need to ask yourself is to how worried you actually are about this time apart. I know that I'm worried, but after talking to a mutual friend about it, I'm not so concerned.

What realy sucks is that she wants space. Space sucks any way you slice it. There's no definite answer as to what she wants right now. And don't try to figure out what she's thinking, all you will do is give yourself a terrible headache.

We're both in the same boat here man, I feel your pain. Accept the fact that it may be over, but it's not over yet. Hope for the best, and prepare for the worst. Hang out with your friends as much as possible, and try not to be alone. Keep yourself busy as much as possible, and try not to let it occupy everything. Good luck to both of us!

Kalik

When you guys get a bit older, you won't go for this space thing anymore. You won't put yourself through it. You won't accept the aggravation and uncertainty. When you finally arrive, if a lady asks for space, you'll give her plenty...from here to the moon.

Meanwhile, let these ladies control your butts, keep you on a string, manipulate you, take their sweet time to explore other avenues for themselves while you patiently await the word of their decision. Oh, how so very kind of you!!!

I guess everyone has to go through it and learn for themselves. And, by the way, if they do come back...they'll do the space thing on you again and again, because you let them.

Godspeed.

I interpret, "I need space," as a prelude to breaking up. People don't have the guts sometime to tell it like it really is, so they say, "I need space." It sounds so much softer than, "It's over." But I actually think it is kinder to make a clean break. Because then you really know where you stand, instead of thinking they will some day come back to you and you're waiting around. Waiting around in uncertainty plays havoc with the mind!

Just like the saying goes, I guess.... Fool me once, shame on you Fool me twice, shame on me