A friend and I, shortened version

so i wrote my life story in another thread on this, and got no replies from it so here it is in a readable post:

i dated a girl for 8 months before she cheated on me and i dumped her, about a month or 2 after i became good friends with a girl i had met through my ex when we were dating. this girl, at the time wouldnt date me as she was friends with my ex still, although theyve grown apart and strongly disagrees against what she did to me.

its about 6 months since then and weve become pretty good friends. we spent some time together over the summer, doing things like going out for supper and movies and just hanging out etc, but all platonic. we connect very well, have tons in common, and have all the same views on relationships (ive helped her through her break up which almost the same time mine did)

lately shes been telling me about how her ex strung her along the last couple months just to turn her down, and now shes for sure done with him. now ive always liked this girl, shes very pretty so why not right? but the fact that we connect well, makes me wonder if something more could happen.

anyways, i moved to college last month, and she just recently told me shes considering the same college as one of her 2 or 3 main options. for the record, shes 18 and im 19, almost 20, so yes were still young ones.

anyways, im starting to believe that something could happen here between us, but im not sure what to make of it or what my next steps should be. im taking her for dinner tomorrow night while im home for thanksgiving (i live about an hour and a half from home now). i dont plan on making any sort of move or bringing any of this up, i just want to show her a good time and make her happy, something no guys have been doing for her lately.

does anyone have advice for the future on my situation? any comments or questions are appreciated, thank you

• Author
okay old friend.... heres the deal.

taking her out for dinner is a great idea, but make it a classy place.

red lobster or better.

open doors for her and slide her chair out for her (I know, cheesy, but trust me it works)

do the usual small talk, and if she mentions the ex GF then just change the subject, dont dwell or get into feelings.

all of this is relatively basic, but here is the good stuff.

as the night progresses you need to slowly transition from about 20% eye contact to 100% eye contact.

by the time you have your meal you should be at 100% eye contact.

and when I say 100% I MEAN 100%.

I mean dont break eye contact for ANY reason.

I know your thinking "he means maintain comfortable eye contact to show you have confidence" but no.

what I mean is 100% eye contact.

dont even look down at your plate to eat, just randomly spear at food with your fork.

also, by this point you should have quit the usual polite chuckles and smirks and gone to the permanent disproving grimace and complete silence.

when she tells you a joke, dont break eyecontact, spear at food on your plate without looking, and subtly shake your head in a disproving fashion.

if she asks if something is wrong then laugh REALLY loud and aggressively, ideally with a mouth full of food, spitting out like a sprinkler.

when you do this laugh you need to lean over the table a bit towards her, like you are laughing DIRECTLY in her face.

this laugh should NOT be sincere..... it should be aggressive sarcastic.

eventually she will say something like "thats it, your being creepy, Im out of here" and throw down her napkin.

at this point you need to swiftly grab her by the wrist and calmly say (in almost a whisper)

"I dont think so b word, your not going f word ing ANYWHERE....... now lets all just calm down and eat our meal."

then loosen your grip slightly (not so loose that she could escape your iron grasp) and motion to her to sit down.

when she does you can finally break eye contact.

look down at your food and casually ask her how she is enjoying her meal.

she will be flustered and confused.

this is EXACTLY where you want her mind to be.

finish your food as fast as possible and when the waiter returns ask for the check (doesnt matter if she is done her meal)

leave a modest tip, then, when you get to the car, ask her where she wants to be dropped off.

regardless of what she says, drive out into the middle of the forrest and "run out of gas"

then say "havent seen another car for hours."

trust me.

works every time.

this made me laugh for ****s sake haha. and it prob does work, by the time you say that, she probably already accepts the fact that shes getting boned