Friends With Benefits-Are Any Really Friends ?

I'm just curious. I understand the idea and it fulfills a need but I think for the most part the 'friends' part of the term really could be omitted because a friend is a little more involved than just coming over for a few hours and re-arranging the furniture and bed sheets.

**** buddies seems a little more like it-but from talking to some friends and co-workers most don't even do buddy like things like watch the entire hockey or football game.

So wouldn't FWB's in most cases really just be a bootycall or what I like to term a 'service appointment'. Kind of like the Maytag Man or whatever. Maybe people want to make themselves feel good (FWB's) but I just think most of the time it's BS. Nothing wrong with it. Just not what makes me happy I guess.

WhiteChocolate

Well in this era of social networking, I guess even acquaintances or bootycalls can be considered official friends if you have them on Facebook :lmao:

I did have a fwb where we were friends. We saw one another maybe once a month, twice a month, sometimes- and we'd spend the day and night together. We'd go to the golfing range, or to the beach, go out to dinner- then go our separate ways until the next time. We got along very well.

Feelin Frisky

Yes. Actually my long-time FWB was nicer to me than my LTRs. Always supportive and considerate and a good friend.

I knew a girl for 10 yrs. We were friends for 5 yrs before we progressed into fwb. But it changed the friends part of it. She'd call @ 2am out of the blue, we'd hook up & then she'd disappear for 6 months - 2 years. Then she'd just show up outta the blue & call again. We talked about other ppl, etc. When she broke up w/her gf she called me. Then I met her best friend & the friend flashed me, my fwb went crazy on me. We hooked up that night but I was a little worried as I'd never seen this side of her before, we no longer speak.

I get your perception and in reality its simply a "politically correct" way to state the obvious. You happened to state it for what it is....

Color it however ya want...it is what it is....Just not an avid supporter of FWB's...