confunsing situation i got into with an old friend

hi guys!

I'm going to be very quick.

6 months ago a friend i haven's seen in a while and I became involved. in the beggining it was just texting all the time, flirting.... we kissed. he asked me out a few times, but we only managed to be together when our group of friends was with us (due to work, etc). but we kept making out, etc. eventually he told me he and his ex had broken up not long ago before we met, and that he was still in love with her and didnt want to hurt me. I'll admit, i was in love with him by that time and shocked. but i've decided not to let him not that, and agreed to a friends with benefits.

we ended up having sex, severeal times...! he always told me that he could eventually fall for me. we tell each other a lot of things we dont tell other people.he told me that he sees other girls he might be able to fall for, but doenst feel like he is available. I know it sounds he is playing me, but i know him and he is pretty honest about things.

the problem is: I was/i am hoping that in time him actually develops those feelings for me by spending time together, etc. so iam wainting! but lately i've been feeling that he has become a lot busier to be with me (or it could possibly be me becoming desperate) and has been telling me about girls he's been meeting (one particular one that he says to be his type: crazy. which iam not). he says he is not in a hurry to fall for anyone, but if he finds that person, he will have not problem with that, even though he still wants his ex...

I just stand here and listen... and wait!

soooooo.... any intake on this mess????

what would you do? would you wait? any thoughts on how should i increase my chances? should i tell him how i feel for once and risk losong what we have?