how do you deal with a sport fanatic?

sick and tired!

Yes. Different people have different interests and that's ok, as long as you each have something that you're apssioante about. My husband is a huge sports fan. He watches football, basketball, hockey, even golf! He plays golf and runs a wrestling league for childen here in my town.

I, on the other hand, love opera and ballet and am active with volunteering in a couple different organizations.

My husband has season tickets to a stadium here in our town and he goes to the games religiously. He goes, I stay home, but we each have our own thing. I figure, get two TVs. That's what we did. It's worked out great for us.

my boyfriend is so involved with sports that it is driving me crazy. now that football has started we have to make plans around his football game. is this right?

True, people do have different interests- BUT. In a healthy relationship- one that both have decided has the potential to go somewhere- you have to be willing to share your time doing things that both enjoy.

Most of a couple's leisure time should be spent together. (I said most) How the time is spent should be mutually agreed upon- and one person should not have to give into an activity ALL the time just to be with the other- hence the word "mutual"

Football is on the top of your boyfriend's priority list- and that is not the way it should be. YOU should be the one in that position- and he should be on the top of your list. If your boyfriend was spending an adequate amount of time with you already- then you would probably not have a problem with him watching football. Right? Now, if your boyfriend is working, sleeping, and watching football-with no time left for you- no wonder you are having trouble accepting this.

Talk to him- tell him what you need out of the relationship- his time, his attention, his affection, and ask him what he needs- then agree to work on meeting each other's needs. You will find that his needs are different from yours- and that is okay- after all you weren't attracted to him because he was your clone. Once you start making an effort to meet your boyfriend's needs and he yours- you will see that both of you move back into the poll position again.

Never do things that the other would be hurt from- always consider the others feelings- and ask when in doubt. These are simple rules- but must be followed religously every minute of everyday to make them work for you.

Good Luck, Jenna

Yes. Different people have different interests and that's ok, as long as you each have something that you're apssioante about. My husband is a huge sports fan. He watches football, basketball, hockey, even golf! He plays golf and runs a wrestling league for childen here in my town. I, on the other hand, love opera and ballet and am active with volunteering in a couple different organizations. My husband has season tickets to a stadium here in our town and he goes to the games religiously. He goes, I stay home, but we each have our own thing. I figure, get two TVs. That's what we did. It's worked out great for us.

FYI

Half of our brain consists of sports, 3/4 of the other half of the brain is sex and beer, the last 1/4 of the half consist of work, money, etc.

my boyfriend is so involved with sports that it is driving me crazy. now that football has started we have to make plans around his football game. is this right?

Bobby- I hope that you don't REALLY believe that- or your new love interest won't be around for long. If you do believe it- and are still thinking that you have found the "girl of your dreams"- you had better change you way of thinking- and FAST. Jenna

FYI Half of our brain consists of sports, 3/4 of the other half of the brain is sex and beer, the last 1/4 of the half consist of work, money, etc.
Bobby- I hope that you don't REALLY believe that- or your new love interest won't be around for long. If you do believe it- and are still thinking that you have found the "girl of your dreams"- you had better change you way of thinking- and FAST. Jenna

Yeah your right, im going to have to change my ways. She has already got me to quit smoking and i missed TWO football games yesturday just to be with her. I was actually making a joke but if she would have read my post, she probably would smack me up side my head. lol Truth wise, she is definatley more important than football or any of those things. I would give up any of those things just for her, if that tells you anything or how much i like her.

~Bobby Dygytul~ doodoodoodoodoodooodoodooo!!!!!

Actually, i need someone like her to straighten my ass out. You women are good for straightening out us men. We definately need it sometimes. You have to remember, us guys are sometimes like children!!!!!!!

~Bobby Dygytul~ doodoodoodoodooodoodooodo

Yeah your right, im going to have to change my ways. She has already got me to quit smoking and i missed TWO football games yesturday just to be with her. I was actually making a joke but if she would have read my post, she probably would smack me up side my head. lol Truth wise, she is definatley more important than football or any of those things. I would give up any of those things just for her, if that tells you anything or how much i like her. ~Bobby Dygytul~ doodoodoodoodoodooodoodooo!!!!!

Sorry to say- but you're right about men acting like children sometimes. The important thing to remember is that it's easy to make time for her now- because you are in the "butterfly" stage- the real test of love comes when things settle down and get comfortable- if you are able to show her the same love and attention then that you do now- you will be in her life forever.

Jenna

Actually, i need someone like her to straighten my ass out. You women are good for straightening out us men. We definately need it sometimes. You have to remember, us guys are sometimes like children!!!!!!!

~Bobby Dygytul~ doodoodoodoodooodoodooodo