Just trying to leave well enough alone...

Bruised Not Broken

Bruised Not Broken

So my ex and I have never really succeeded at the NC thing. He told me yesterday he agreed that I won't be able to heal if we continue staying in touch...told me he loved me and always would and said goodbye. Then hours later proceeds to send me paperwork to help him with. So, I did what he needed...because that's me...always doing what he needed, what was best for him...accepting piss poor treatment and giving everything I had. I sent him the information and basically said there was nothing more that could be done on the matter. I let him know how to avoid the problem in the future and that was that. So he replies thank you really appreciate you doing that for me...blah blah blah. Thanks again :) And, my first reaction is to REPLY...your welcome...no problem...anything. And what will happen? I will tell you waht...NOTHING. He won't reply and then I am dejected again. So...I'm not replying...I'm leaving it alone. There is no need to say your welcome.I DON'T HAVE TO BE NICE AND POLITE. Do I? Do I look bad if my manners go out the window? Do I look like a bitch? AAAHHHHHHHH. I know I have continued contact for four months in a hope that he would see the light..come back...realize his mistake. And he isn't and he won't. Can I just leave well enough alone for my own sake? I guess I know the answer....but it just goes against m y very nature. My nature is to nurture. :) And then I worry if I don't reply I won't hear from him again. And...SO WHAT right? he cheated he lied...he lied again...he cheated....I have to say these things to remind myself what I'm "missing and pining over" I deserve better. I just wish HE KNEW THAT.

(for the record, every time he puts a little effing smiley face in his emails I want to shove my computer up his a$$ - there have been very few genuine smiles in my life in the last four months and he freakin' knows it...he decided to be the single 'playa' and leave the one that loved him more than life itself broken and bruised and gives me those GD smiley faces - sorry for the little bitter outburst lol feels good every now and again.)

Edited by Bruised Not Broken

You don't owe him anything. The fact that you still reply to him after you guys agreed to NC, shows him he still has you on strings.

Chill out, crack a bottle, and relax.