I've decided.. It's me

Rimer

It's been 6 weeks since she left out of the blue. She showed no emotions when she told me she wants to break up. She hasn't shed a single tear for me at least what I know. She gave me breadcrubs saying get yourself back together and we'll see where were at in 6-12 months. We keep contact weekly talking about everything else not related to us. If I even hint something about our future together she get's pissed off eventho she's the one giving the breadcrubs. I haven't thought about anything else but her for 6 weeks now. I've lost my appetite, joyfullness, lonely, depressed...

But now.. I had a good talk with my older sister. She's trying to talk sense into me. Saying she was bad for me in many ways that I didn't seem happy for many years now. She talked about how a great kid I was growing up and she misses that happy and funny brother. I'll admit my relationship has made me very pessimistic on life and was I really happy? I don't know.. now.. My sister tells me I gotta start to think about myself forget about thinking about her, focus on yourself. Don't think about what she's doing. Start doing the stuff you used to like and start new stuff (joined a gym 3 weeks ago) Now I know we'll be keeping contact and all I still love my ex, care for her. But I GOTTA put myself first to start the healing and bettering myself. My first step is writing this message here. I can't focus on winning her just back. I gotta focus on winning myself back. I can't think that my world will end if I don't get her back. If it's meant to be I'll get her back.

Today start's a new LIFE!

Your post reads to me like she's really put you on the back burner. And that ain't cool.

Yeah, you are right. You need to get yourself back in order and moving on and getting stronger. It at times can be a very tall order when we have been shot to hell. But it's doable.

She'll see what she missed out on when you become the best you can be again.

Be well! :)

Mike

• Author
Your post reads to me like she's really put you on the back burner. And that ain't cool.

Yeah, you are right. You need to get yourself back in order and moving on and getting stronger. It at times can be a very tall order when we have been shot to hell. But it's doable.

She'll see what she missed out on when you become the best you can be again.

Be well! :)

Mike

thanks mike111

See, becoming the best is not always easy if you are thinking about her all the time,

you seem like a common sense man, so don't let her take that away from you.

I feel for you as I am in the same boat, my ex gf of 5 years made me depressed and a whole different person to a point where I couldn't recognize myself anymore.

She was jealous of everything, I came to a point where I almost didn't have any friends only hers and let her arrange my life. It took my good 4 months or so to realise that. I think I am on the way of recovery from that.

Don't let her take advantage of you by contacting you, it is better for you to try to erase her for now.

Good luck

• Author

Ah crap... NC seems undo-able. I fear I'll lose her if I go NC and we both wanna keep contact still because http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3682488&postcount=8

So were on a 4-5 day NC now to think about stuff. We talked we'll start doing things together (just hanging out etc) again in a month or two. **** this all seems so weird. Eventho she gave me a timeline of 6 months were she doesn't want to have a relationship with anyone I feel if things can change before that it could be a shorter time. What i'm saying I can't just sit back and wait 6 months and hope she's ready to give me a chance again. I have to start bettering myself.. fix myself so to say..

Let's just say this doesn't seem like any break up i've read on this forum before or are there any comparable if so please post.