Regaining a broken relationship

Ok I got an interesting problem.. It really needs help =[

My friend and I have been talking lots lately.. and we did decide on going out, but since we live like 25 minutes away, we only usually see eachother on the weekends.. so her friend told me to ask her out on the phone, and I did.. So we were hanging out on last friday except she was acting very weird..

I guess im not exactly the most outgoing person either, but she hardly talked to me the whole night, and she was very nervous.. So I was curious and asked her if she was serious about us going out.. and she said "I dunno" and after alot of talking, we decided to break up.. Although I still really like her.. and we are friends still (just its awkward).. I want to gain back more than friend status.. What can I do without looking like a jackass..

I asked her if we could go on a "date" just as friends next week.. but I think she is still going to feel awkward and it will just be the same.. I know that if she doesnt act awkward, we will definitely hit it off great.. like on the phone and online

shellgranado

i think you need to have a serious talk then from there decide if you should try to make it work or move on sounds to me like your both confused dont use friends to do the talking you do it your self one on one with no friends around in person no phone or letter or emails