"Date" Goes Awry

mr_sexxxy

I met some friends of friends recently and we all saw a movie. I had been looking forward to meeting one girl in partic. after seeing her photo on facebook.

She and I hit it off right away,or so I thought, as we talked exclusively for well over an hour at a restaurant. We then saw a movie, but didn't have a chance to talk during the movie obviously.

We had all talked earlier about maybe getting a drink after too. We all stood together for a couple of minutes hanging out. However, this gal, who had been giggly and smiley and happy at the start, now looked upset. Very upset.

I ask her if she wants to get a drink, too. She shakes her head no, gives me a dirty look then walks off without saying goodbye to anyone.

Why did her demeanor change so sharply from beginning to later?

• Author
Sounds to me like she liked you, and got pissed off because the date didn't end with her being with you.

But that was certainly possible by hanging out with me a bit more. Should I have made my interest known earlier, during the dinner? Why would she be so upset over someone she just met?

Who knows?

We weren't there and have no idea what was going on in her mind.

If you want to know the solution is to ask her out and see if she accepts.

You seem to overthink things way to much....

it doesnt seem like her upset pertains to you, did you notice her phone out at all previously? did she leave to take a call? many outside things couldve caused it. maybe something happened when you werent paying attention to the group or while she was with the girls in the washroom etc?

if its the first time you met nothing better could happen besides you and her talking and interacting positively. also if she looked upset before you even mentioned drinks directly to her then its very unlikely your fault.

id put sickness or even her time of the month starting before pointing the finger at you. i think you just got unlucky bro

It's your own damn fault, you should have been able to read her mind. :laugh:

Just kidding man. I suspect she wanted some one on one interaction with you, rather than going for drinks with the group. Perhaps you need to chase her somewhat and give her some one on one attention for her to turn around.

• Author

She wasn't on her phone. I sent her an email but she didn't reply.

it doesnt seem like her upset pertains to you, did you notice her phone out at all previously? did she leave to take a call? many outside things couldve caused it. maybe something happened when you werent paying attention to the group or while she was with the girls in the washroom etc?

if its the first time you met nothing better could happen besides you and her talking and interacting positively. also if she looked upset before you even mentioned drinks directly to her then its very unlikely your fault.

id put sickness or even her time of the month starting before pointing the finger at you. i think you just got unlucky bro

Good looking girls are a dime a dozen, if she can\'t act like a sane human being forget her and move on to the next one.

You chicks need to learn this...no matter how special you think you are, there are 10 others waiting to fill your place in the blink of an eye.

Hahahahaha thanks for the advice buddy:p

• Author

It's been a week since I emailed so she is not emailing back. I just wanted to get a sense of what was going on with her.

It's been a week since I emailed so she is not emailing back. I just wanted to get a sense of what was going on with her.

Yeah forget this girl. She's not interested. What did your email say anyway?

• Author

Oh, one thing I should mention. She paid for the appetizer for me, so maybe thought was a big thing for her that I didn't pick up on. As in, if she's generous enough to pay for a guy, then I should take that as a strong sign of interest, and that I should know that.

Oh, one thing I should mention. She paid for the appetizer for me, so maybe thought was a big thing for her that I didn't pick up on. As in, if she's generous enough to pay for a guy, then I should take that as a strong sign of interest, and that I should know that.

Why did you let her pay? Maybe this was the issue. You allowed her to pay for your food. WOMEN usually like for the MAN to pay for their dinner, not the other way around. Did you thank her at least?

I would personally think her ex texted her knowing she was out, she went to meet up with him and they are trying to work things out. Just a guess.. Sorry to hear she acted that way. She should have excused herself in a more polite way.

• Author

She wasn't on her phone at all that night.

Also, I know you guys are going to love this, but I rarely pay on dates, especially first dates, even when I'm the one asking her out. And this wasn't a date, lol.

She wasn't on her phone at all that night.

Also, I know you guys are going to love this, but I rarely pay on dates, especially first dates, even when I'm the one asking her out. And this wasn't a date, lol.

You don't pay for the girl and yourself or you just don't pay for the girl? You expect the girl to pay for the whole date? Ugh! What are you unemployed? Big turn off. This could be the problem.

• Author

LOL, no, girls just like to pay for me. That's just been my experience. I tried to pay for a girl I asked to the movies. She immediately slammed a pair of twenties on the counter. She was paying, and that was that.

Another time, I paid, and she asked me twice if I was sure. I insisted, but she didn't like it.

I don't what other guys are experiencing, but I find it best to let girls pay when they want to pay.

LOL, no, girls just like to pay for me. That's just been my experience. I tried to pay for a girl I asked to the movies. She immediately slammed a pair of twenties on the counter. She was paying, and that was that.

Another time, I paid, and she asked me twice if I was sure. I insisted, but she didn't like it.

I don't what other guys are experiencing, but I find it best to let girls pay when they want to pay.

WHO are these girls you are dating? What girl doesn't like a man to pay for a date? And to be so forceful about paying. Totally weird. Are you seriously unemployed? Do these chicks feel bad for you?

• Author

No, I am not unemployed. And no, they don't feel bad for me.

Most of my guy friends are surprised as well. Usual response is: "whoa..SHE paid?!?"

No, I am not unemployed. And no, they don't feel bad for me.

Most of my guy friends are surprised as well. Usual response is: "whoa..SHE paid?!?"

Next time you go on a date, DEMAND to pay for the entire date. Her portion and your portion and see if that makes a difference. Not saying this is the issue because I'm at a loss, but maybe it has something to do with it.:confused: