Trouble saying or expressing what you are really feeling?

mike111

Does anyone else have trouble saying or expressing what you are really feeling inside for fear of being judged, or caught, or whatever?

mike

Of course, any sane person will think before saying sensitive things. For example, I have a huge crush on my best guy friend but experience has taught me that guys tend to keep friends who want "more" at arm's length, so obviously I don't tell him.

Fear of rejection and acting upon it, are to a certain level, perfectly natural and a way of protecting ourselves and our relationships.

• Author

Pompom and sadprincess,

I guess I really meant here on the board. In real life, I am not so bad. Here I sometimes feel like I say too much. And then I fret over what I wrote.

When I am with someone in real life and we both love each other, I am usually pretty good at pouring my heart out and saying so. It's like a release of some kind for me. And I enjoy telling someone how much I love them, even though I am somewhat shy.

On the board, when I am so messed up, I kinda hold back, for fear that maybe, one day, all I wrote might come back to slap me in the @ss.

I guess that is one of my fears. So many people spill their guts on social websites without fear of repercussions. I wish I could do the same, because right now it's about all I got.

Anyway, that was a lot of rambling.

mike