Difficulties.

Rory12345

Hello there!

I haven't posted here in about 2 months now. I finally accepted what had happened and that staying in the past wasn't helping me so I moved on and I've been doing great! But, as I am here, something most have gone awry, so, I'll cut to the chase!

I am on the same course as my ex at university, in our final year and well it's awkward. I used to be pretty good friends with these two guys she is friends with and know they won't even look at me, let alone talk to me. With the rest of her friends doing the same and giving me less than pleasant looks! While I was in labartories today, one of them kept staring at me while when I was a few feet away until a few moments latter he went "alright" and when I replied he then went off and went straight to my ex.

To my ex. It seemed when I was near, she'd laugh louder and the topic was always on guys which had been chatting her up the night before. At first I thought I was just thinking it but after talking to my friend he said he thought the same as well. He could hear her and he was over on the other side of the laboratories.

I would be lying if I said this didn't affect me. I don't really care what my ex thinks of me or what she does with her own time, as that is what it is, her own. It's just frustrating that I have not said a bad thing about her to anyone and have only told the full story to 2/3 people whereas with her, a good portion of the class won't even speak to me. It's upsetting me as I won't see any of them after this year but I just don't understand what her problem is. Can't she let old dogs lie?

Regards,

Rory

i dont know who ended it rory, but it sounds like she is immature and hurt.

she sounds like she doesn't want people liking you and is blaming u for something.

otherwise you could just be going to school with screwballs. the others in the class just like gossip and whatnot, or are just ill mannered within their own selves, not even having anything to do with your and your ex.

you have a great point tho in that this IS ONLY TEMPORARY. school with end. i know its most disturbing, and you need to focus on learning and work, so you must detach yourself from the madness and bad feelings in the classroom.

ignore it till you get out of there and focus on work and try to put it out of your mind.

only other choice is to confront anyone who seems cold and indifferent or so plain rude and nicely say hey, did i do something to you. or is this about my ex. because, i dont want trouble with people, and i am hoping she issue causing any : ).

you can still be decent to these jerks and say hi and goodbye and smile and move on. or like i said, confront.....OR just ignore them all together.

its hard to say exactly what to do. do what feels right to you. but keep focusing on work and remind yourself..this is temporary. stick with some normal people. the kind who have better things to do then snub you. good luck

Hello there!

I haven't posted here in about 2 months now. I finally accepted what had happened and that staying in the past wasn't helping me so I moved on and I've been doing great! But, as I am here, something most have gone awry, so, I'll cut to the chase!

I am on the same course as my ex at university, in our final year and well it's awkward. I used to be pretty good friends with these two guys she is friends with and know they won't even look at me, let alone talk to me. With the rest of her friends doing the same and giving me less than pleasant looks! While I was in labartories today, one of them kept staring at me while when I was a few feet away until a few moments latter he went "alright" and when I replied he then went off and went straight to my ex.

To my ex. It seemed when I was near, she'd laugh louder and the topic was always on guys which had been chatting her up the night before. At first I thought I was just thinking it but after talking to my friend he said he thought the same as well. He could hear her and he was over on the other side of the laboratories.

I would be lying if I said this didn't affect me. I don't really care what my ex thinks of me or what she does with her own time, as that is what it is, her own. It's just frustrating that I have not said a bad thing about her to anyone and have only told the full story to 2/3 people whereas with her, a good portion of the class won't even speak to me. It's upsetting me as I won't see any of them after this year but I just don't understand what her problem is. Can't she let old dogs lie?

Regards,

Rory

She's being really immature. Don't let it get to you- sounds like you are doing well now- if you get upset over this it will set you back again. Just feel secure in yourself that you don't resort to the same silly bahaviour as her. Good Luck

• Author

Thank you both for you kind words.

It's just awkward when I'm in labs all day on Tuesday. She came and sat directly behind me and was all over this guy and was saying how funny he was. It's her business what she does but it just seemed deliberate. I know that we won't talk but I thought some civil behaviour would be appropriate, not her rubbing it my face. I just want to get on with my life and she keeps doing rubbish like this. Her friends are even refusing to speak to people who I am with until I walk away.

Regards,

Rory

Thank you both for you kind words.

It's just awkward when I'm in labs all day on Tuesday. She came and sat directly behind me and was all over this guy and was saying how funny he was. It's her business what she does but it just seemed deliberate. I know that we won't talk but I thought some civil behaviour would be appropriate, not her rubbing it my face. I just want to get on with my life and she keeps doing rubbish like this. Her friends are even refusing to speak to people who I am with until I walk away.

Regards,

Rory

Hey Rory- Ignore them all- they are all being pathetic and immature. Like with kids, ignore the stupid behaviour and eventually will stop. Don't stoop to their level, even if she is doing it on purpose.