Guilt !

Zephry88

Hello. I found this forum out of desperation and shame. I recently broke up with my long term girlfriend of 6 years. We met at 17. We broke up mutually over too many arguments. The relationship was feeling stale and the fights were too stressful.

Long story short, it's been about 2 months since we broke up. Two weeks ago, I let her know that I was going to stop all contact with her. It was emotionally stressful to try to be friends and act like everything was alright. I'm totally fine with the break up to be honest. Anyway, here's where the guilt comes in.

Last weekend I had a one night stand at a friends party and feel like crap. I can't think straight ! I feel like it was way too soon to be doing something like this. I'm not sure what else to say to be honest, im just looking for some advice or opinions. I cant even focus at work....

I'm totally fine with the break up to be honest. Anyway, here's where the guilt comes in.

Last weekend I had a one night stand at a friends party and feel like crap. I can't think straight ! I feel like it was way too soon to be doing something like this. I'm not sure what else to say to be honest, im just looking for some advice or opinions. I cant even focus at work.

What are you feeling guilty for? And towards whom, the one night stand or the exg? If you are totally fine with the break-up why are you feeling guilty?

if ur broken up ur broken up. then u shouldnt have to feel any guilt.

i guess maybe in ur head ur still together or will get together? i dunno.

in the end tho , you didnt cheat on her.

maybe the one night stand was aweful and thats why u didnt like it.

maybe its something else , either way dont really blame urself too hard for it.

becuz u didnt do anything wrong.

i say if u regret it just learn from it and dont do it again untill ur ready for it.