Rebound or not?

ladybug229

Me ex has a new gf and they've been dating for almost 3 weeks and they seem sooo in love. He acts like she's the most amazing person in the world and they seem like they're going to last a while... he broke up with me the last week of August after being together for 10 months... do you think that him and his new girl will last, or will they break up in the near future?

Nobody can answer how long it will last. Rebounds can last from a few weeks to a few years. I have a friend who just got out of a rebound relationship that lasted almost 3 years. It depends how strong his feelings for you were when he got into the relationship with her. If someone is really hurting and very sad over a breakup, and then jumps into another relationship to cure their pain and prove to the world that they are loveable, then it is most probably a rebound. However, if he was done with your relationship, then it may not be. 10 months wasn't a very long relationship, so I'm thinking this may not be a rebound, but I could be very wrong.

What was his reasoning in breaking up with you? What led to the breakup? How was he to you when he broke up with you? Had he talked future with you while you were dating? Had he told you he loved you? Where were you two at when he broke up with you?

Me ex has a new gf and they've been dating for almost 3 weeks and they seem sooo in love. He acts like she's the most amazing person in the world and they seem like they're going to last a while... he broke up with me the last week of August after being together for 10 months... do you think that him and his new girl will last, or will they break up in the near future?

It may or may not be. Does it matter? You guys broke up for a reason. I don't know your story but by hoping that its a rebound you are not moving on. You are still keeping the hope that he might come back. You are not letting yourself heal. Even if its a rebound & they broke up, what are the chances that he will come back to you? My advice is just move on and improve your life. Don't stop living your life just for 1 person.

• Author
Nobody can answer how long it will last. Rebounds can last from a few weeks to a few years. I have a friend who just got out of a rebound relationship that lasted almost 3 years. It depends how strong his feelings for you were when he got into the relationship with her. If someone is really hurting and very sad over a breakup, and then jumps into another relationship to cure their pain and prove to the world that they are loveable, then it is most probably a rebound. However, if he was done with your relationship, then it may not be. 10 months wasn't a very long relationship, so I'm thinking this may not be a rebound, but I could be very wrong.

What was his reasoning in breaking up with you? What led to the breakup? How was he to you when he broke up with you? Had he talked future with you while you were dating? Had he told you he loved you? Where were you two at when he broke up with you?

Yes he told me he loved me many times. He also said I was him dream girl and that he saw me in his future. The reason he broke up with me is because he said he didn't feel the same way about me anymore, which I found odd because the night before he still said he loved me and he's not that type of person to lie about loving someone. When he broke up with me, he looked really upset and he wouldn't take his hand off me when I cried. We haven't even spoken a word since then but I'm still in love with him. I've tried my very best to move on, and so far I think I've been doing quite well, but all I want is to have him back... I've been in relationships with other people for way longer than I was with my most recent ex, but he's been the best bf I've had yet. I just miss him so much.