Me and the NC

Kageytn

The ex has been calling and texting everyday. We don't really talk about anything. He knows I love zombies so we discuss walking dead or he tries to ferret out information from me. I realized I was exhausted from talking to him and I was starting to feel passive and controlled again.

We went out a couple of times and it was not fun. He was overly critical, jealous and judgemental. I did call him on it and he apologized but it just proved he was not changing.

I told him last night to stop contacting me and, if he did, I would not respond. He said he understood and I was right. That's ex speak for I know you will change your mind because I will wear you down and manipulate you.

I am so proud of myself. It is the first time I have ever let a significant other go in my life. And the first time I've drawn a boundary with him.

Now I must not cross it. Therapy has been so helpful. I'm also reading about emotionally unavailable men and it has been helpful. Be follows the pattern exactly. It's almost eerie!

Oh, and I got a wonderful new job! I start Monday. I'm nervous but it'll be great!

That's great news! You are right in stopping contact with him- after all if he's controlling and manipulative then you have no place for him in your life. Good luck with the job too:bunny: