I ran into ex mutual friends

Sugarkane

• Author

Yeah Jilted I was in a really bad place, not eating or sleeping much and I did lose alot of weight. No one once contacted me to see if I was ok. They all knew that I was blindsided and didn't see it coming. It really is like a double betrayal. They cut me off cold. I'm the one that needed support, not my ex who was probably cheating on me. I really wish that their perfect marriage would fall apart. I would have no empathy for them. Whose side would my ex take then?! See how they like to get burned by someone.

I couldv'e harmed myself or comitted suicide and they would've known.

• Author

If something really bad happened to these people, it couldn't happen to more deserving people. I guess the whole group doesn't have a conscience? This has been a mind****.

TheJiltedGeneration

sorry to sound stern but to ask again; were these friends close? or where they superficial "people to go out to have fun with" kind of friends? I think right now it sounds like you have to face the answer to this, and just think to yourself.. REALLY in general were they good/close friends anyway??

It sounds to me like they where superficial and even through the way they advocate your ex's transgressions through blanking you out , they're probably too stupid/childish to see black and white, that they probably wouldn't be able to help you out even if they wanted to.. and are probably not sensible people in general anyway..

it's hard to advice you on much regarding friends as I don't have a lot of close friends myself... I did see a counsellor for a brief while but that didn't quite help, but if you need support, perhaps family might be a good option?. Again like I said people are a strange kettle of fish, and dont always vie to be sensible, but rather what "works for them"... I know the sense of betrayal must be hard for you right now, as it sounds like you put a lot of effort with these people, but think if they couldn't support you with your ex, could they support you if any other problem reared it's ugly head?...

• Author

Yes I thought they were actually genuine. I was wrong. I hope ur happens to then one day. God forbid if they're group dynamic falls apart or something.

• Author

It is difficult to feel good when I'm the one that got screwed over, yet they all get to live happily after for some reason. It should be me in a serious relationship and my ex thinking WTF did I do? I sure screwed that up. Yet it's the opposite.

SugarKane,

I'm in a similar situation. As I am on the same course as my ex at uni, all of her friends point blank ignore me and just give me dirty looks. It doesn't matter though. If they are doing that to you, it's not any lose of friends is it? I know it's not nice having people do that to you but it's life. You win some you lose some. Just smile at them if you seem them, let them see how happy you are with the person you are and your life.

Regards,

Rory

• Author

Really feel like sending them: thanks for nothing, I was in a really bad place, while my ex was fine and cheating. How would you like it if ur was you? You might go through a divorce one day ( they married young). How would you like that?

• Author

I feel like my ex got away scot free. I don't live near him do he never has to feel one ounce of guilt. God forbid if he did.

Why does everyone side with a cheater?

My situation was VERY similar but YOU have to let it go. It is the only way you can move forward. Stop looking at them like they are good people stuck with a bad person!!! Chances are birds of a feather flock together. It is the only way to move forward.

How long have you all been split?

• Author

I'll never forgive these people. I was in a really bad place. Not one of them checked on me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

A friend of mine says I should say whatever I want to them. He says it doesn't matter as I'm never going to see these two faced people ever again anyway. They really made the decision for me.