Contacted By My Ex After 2 Years - Breadcrumbs?!

ludovico

So, I logged onto Yahoo and my ex messaged me out of the blue...

At first I didn't want to answer her but I eventually did...

You can read my relationship story here -- http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t293264/

Please someone translate WHY she felt she had to contact me almost 2 years after dumping me via email - and is there a pattern I should be expecting? The words in parenthesis are me giving backstory...

HER:

hello _____

(i didn't answer her right away....)

come on say something

ME:

the way things ended caused so much damage that i feel by starting contact again things will just get even worse - if thats even possible

HER:

the way things ended with US was abrupt i know but it was a long time coming. Im sorry about that and know you deserve an explanation. the other part of it was the guitar (she bought me a very expensive guitar early in our relationship and demanded I send it back to her after she dumped me). Saying youd ship it back because you knew how much it meant to me then donating it after you said you were shipping it, hurt. ALOT

ME:

im not going to fight with u

HER:

no no im not trying to i promise

ME:

i dont think you are - but i have a lot of negative feelings toward you - i dont want to dredge up the past and start arguing - because thats what will happen - regardless of the intent - you made your choices - you have your views about us and i have mine

HER:

i understand

(no one messages for about 2 mins)

ME:

what was your intention messaging me?

HER:

i logged onto yahoo for the first time in about a year cuz i had to have ___ help me with my mail settings on a company we have together and i saw you log on. Had no intention other than ___.. then i saw you

ME:

ah

well i hope things are going well for you - i am going to head off

HER:

oookay bye

wow, sounds just like my post. I have no idea why she felt the need to casually contact you like that. I spent last weekend trying to figure the same thing out with my ex? although i didnt respond. I could be wrong, but did it sounded like she had a boyfriend or something? I would say F it, and just ask her "whats the real reason why you msg'd me" . Maybe she will tell the reason. But i really cant say...im in the same boat, lol.

• Author
I could be wrong, but did it sounded like she had a boyfriend or something? I would say F it, and just ask her "whats the real reason why you msg'd me" . Maybe she will tell the reason. But i really cant say...im in the same boat, lol.
well she dumped me for another guy so i can only assume shes with him, but i dont know

i asked her point blank but it sounded like a made-up excuse, but who knows - can't trust anything she says... needless to say - she's been blocked!

i do feel a bit bad about 2 things:

1. that i responded - especially only after she said 'come on say something' - makes me look weak and that i folded under her pressure

2. i told her i have a lot of negative feelings towards her - i shouldve just acted indifferent - by telling her i have negative feelings it just solidifies in her mind that i still care about her

she just seems so selfish in everything she said

the only other thing that is nagging at me is why would she say "you deserve an explanation" and then not even try to give one? my buddy said shes just trying to reel me in so she can start **** - needs some new drama in her life... he's probably right!

Edited by ludovico

I would not even give that much thought unless she did it again.... That one time seems like she could have been honest and saw you on... I am going thru the same thing with my ex after 8 months of being broken up. I have a few posts dealing with the same thing...just not as long as 2 yrs apart.