I've decided to move on, but...

theratandthecat

theratandthecat

Long story short: I met this girl who lives in a different state at a summer camp and hooked up with her for 6 weeks there. After that, we agreed to continue on a long distance relationship, but she wouldn't acknowledge me as a boyfriend, just "more than friends." FInally, she broke up with me, saying "I don't want to be your girlfriend." Then followed a month of painfulness until I met her three weeks ago on a trip. It hurts me when she rejected me, but in the end we promised to stay friends. But I couldn't stand staying a friend so I deleted her facebook, went NC until last week I called and txted her, which she was receptive. Then I added her facebook back this week. The girl still wouldn't initiate contact on her own. I asked her to skype yesterday, to which she agreed, but never showed up. I later texted her, and she said she had to help out a church, and could take breaks later to talk on phone. Then I said "You couldve txted me to let me know. I'm calling a friend then." She replied " I didnt realize I upset you. I thought I could make it on time." I didn't txt her till later with " No hard feelings. I just got off phone with a friend. ttyl." She never replied.

Now at this point, I know everything is truly over, and I want to get back in life. Yet the feeling of loneliness prompted me to get out of bed early today onto the internet. I know I'll need to hang with my bestfriends more, but flashbacks on good times keep coming. It is indeed hurt to see somebody who you were close to now changes so quickly. They are physically there, but their feelings for you is no longer. This pains me. How can I get over it?

Just realize that there can be better times with different girls. You have to move on. Life is way too short to dwell over someone that is over you. I know it's tough, Ive been through the same. Try to do more things with your friends.. don't forget to smile while youre out and about.. you just never know what girl will fall for tht smile.

• Author
theratandthecat

Thank you. But there's a problem. I get nostalgic every morning. I think the problem goes as far as before the break up because the LDR had always kept me frustrated by not being close/ not touching her. How do I get rid of the nostalgia?

In the mid afternoon and the evening, even if I had a blast, I would get better but then sink down to the nostalgic mood before sleep. How should I cure that?