Being single on your birthday

confusedandupset

confusedandupset

So, it's been about 4 mths since my ex and I have been broken up. I haven't heard not one word from him since we broke up. What is interesting is when we broke up the first time, all I can remember doing was crying through my entire party. I felt so alone, and upset because he hadn't wished me a happy birthday. And now....I am worried that will happen again. Not the part where he doesn't text me, because I know for sure he won't, but the getting upset part. I've tried really hard to just move on, and it's been super hard and I am no where near where I want to be (although I am not rushing myself), but it just sucks. This was the person who made my last birthday absolutely perfect, and now I know I have to spend it alone. :[[[ I am just sad and ranting.

I love being single on my birthday. It's so much easier. Buy yourself what you want; hang out with who you want to; eat what you want to.

OP, it's a horrible feeling, isn't it?

I think the reason is that we're made to feel "special" by someone we had deemed "special".

So there's no "special" person to make you feel like a princess. Treat yourself like one!

For my first b'day post break-up, I planned to go on vacation as I didn't even want to be in the same city as the ex!

This year, I will also be away with a friend, but on the day itself, I'm planning to be with my mom. It will be strange, but at least I have also arranged birthday drinks with friends later in the week. So that's 3 celebrations. :bunny:

Figure out why you feel you might have the same reaction again. You may be being too hard on yourself and relying on someone else to make you feel good about yourself. Make you feel good about you!

confused,

i hear you but let me give you a different perspective to think about. i too were broken up about 5 months when my birthday arrived. i went no contact and broke it once in that period which i truly regretted when i did. birthday came and that morning she sent me a text saying nothing more than happy birthday.

i don't know how she got my number as i had changed it. i was doing ok, not great but better than i had been in a long while. it is amazing how your emotions take over on one day in your life. the expectations and etc. she had never reached out. i knew she would not in my head. then she did.

here's the thing. it meant nothing. i wish she had not as all it does is raise all the questions that mean absolutely nothing. please have a great day. it is special for you, your family and hopefully your friends. for your ex it is just another day. i hope you hear nothing as this i believe is best for you.

remember you do not need someone to make you happy. find that in you and keep moving forward. happy birthday to you in advance:)

I love being single on my birthday. It's so much easier. Buy yourself what you want; hang out with who you want to; eat what you want to.

I totally agree and you don't have the ex complaining about every single thing.

Feelin Frisky

I have had some of the cruelest hurts on birthdays--so effed up you might not believe them if I were to spell them out. So, I have long been reduced to seeing nothing bad happening as being a decent birthday. It's been a lifetime since I felt important to someone on my birthday in real life and was treated like that day was made special for me. I don't even think I'd want any fuss--just some simple sign of affection (in addition to total sexual satisfaction of course:p).