Friendship or love?!?

alwaysbelieve

alwaysbelieve

Alright. Im finally happy that I get to post something. I hope you all will read it. Comment too.

So, I had a TERRIBLE first relationship Like completely terrible, worse than anything ever even imaginable I stopped trusting people after that, I pushed away friends, basically I sort of completely ruined my life. I got into self harm and everything else. I sucked that point of time. I never completely forgave that guy, even though i tried to, a lot, but I just couldnt.

Anyway, after about an year of this, after 16-17 cuts on my wrist(I got into cutting), there finally came a guy who touched me in a way that was beyond imaginable. This guy was funny, cute, caring and extremely genuine.

We became the best of friends. And he spilled everything about his life to me and I did the same. I trusted and trust this guy impeccably.

Now, I fell in love with him. One fine day he comes up to me and says, Im in love with you too.

I was happy, like really happy. But sad at the same time too.

Basically, this guy is a flirt. Like he flirts with every 2nd girl he sees. He says that i'm going to stop now, and the day I stop, I'm going to ask you out, but its like, he gets really attracted to a girl really fast, then gets over her equally quickly.

I trust him. I know he will try, but yet still I dont know.

He is really attractive and I'm like pretty average. He has friends that expect him to date a much hotter girl. That is also a concern for my self esteem. I mean I have guys running after me, but I'm not that kind of person.

I really like this guy, but then, look, I don't have enough strength in me left for a relationship where the other guy cheats. I trust him, yet how can i not be doubtful? I mean, he is incredible, but at the same time, its like I have failed and failed and failed in love Don't want that to happen again.

Another issue: I dont know wether its infatuation or not. Either from his side or mine. Thats again an issue. If someone can help me out with that.

Lastly, I dont want to spoil our friendship. We do realize, while talking many a times that we are awesome as best friends. Yet both our hearts want more.

He is not serious and I am really serious about relationships in general. He says he is serious about this one, but himself admits that its weird. Both of us falling for one another.

Another thing I am concerned about. I dont want his sympathy. If its sympathy because of a failed relationship and me being broken, I dont want THAT. I love him but as they say sometimes, love isnt enough.

Plus, its the career building time of our lives, I dont know. A relationship might ruin that.

Please tell me what to do. Will a relationship work? Should I get into one?

Please PLEASE help.

Emotionally, it sounds like he's too young for you. Wait until someone who can actually love you and commit to you comes along. It's not a fun wait, but in the meantime, you can focus on your career--and who knows? Maybe you'll meet someone in your field!

Best of luck.