my coping log

thepedestrian

thepedestrian

Hello loveshack. I wanted to start a coping log. I originally had a thread in the breaking up section but I realized that I'm not longer breaking up. We're done and I have to accept it as bad as it sounds. In short I broke up with my ex because I had a case of the GIGS. A long time later I wanted to get back together but she had moved on. I asked her out and she said "No, but I'm not sure what the future holds" My own fault and I can't blame her but I'm still devastated. I still want her back and she does still have some feelings for me but she wants to see where her new relationship goes.

Today was the first day in over a week since I woke up not sad as hell. I didn't sleep good but who really does when they're going through a heartbreak. I realized today that I don't NEED her. I simply WANT her. BADLY.

Edit: Going to keep writing down stuff when I need to. I originally wanted to write much more but just writing that little bit helped. I'm going to go try and accomplish some stuff today. Working on improving other relationships with my friends & family.

Hello, thepedestrian! Congratulations on starting your log.

I'm sorry to hear about your ex and that you haven't been sleeping well. Tired and heartbroken is never a good combination, unfortunately. :( One thing I do want to point out (that I'm sure you know already) is to try and not hold too tightly onto the fact that she said she wants to see where her new relationship goes. The guy I was involved with had another girlfriend while I was still pining to be with him, yet he also told me, "Who knows, maybe, maybe not." Of course that gave me a lot of hope, and I now realize that I shouldn't have gotten so hopeful...

Oh, and it doesn't matter whether you write a little or a lot, just getting your thoughts out there and off your chest is much more important. Hell, sometimes I don't even write anything and just post music that I like or can relate to at the moment. It's your log, so make it yours. :)