Aelis

hey everyone,

I just joined the forum after reading some of the advices and point of views.

I'm a 24 female who was dumped 3 weeks ago, after having been in a relationship for almost a year.

I did not love him at first, whilst he was very much in love with me from the very start. I always feared his love would fade, that it had been too much too soon.

I fell in love along the way, and after having feared commitment for so long, i ended up looking forward to living with him.

The breakup was brutal. I did not see it coming at all, and i know he did not think about it before, as he told me he did not plan on dumping me, and still had doubts.

I know him, and i'm sure he acted before he thought about it, and is now having second doubts.

I'm still very much hurt, and desperately hope he'll come back.

I gave him a letter explaining my feelings, and the solutions i had found to our long distance relationship. He said it did not leave him cold and would reply, but has not replied yet, almost three weeks later

I however want the pain to go away.

I should probably stay away from him, but am not brave enough to do it just yet.

I am waiting for his reply to my letter.

I however know i have done all i could, and it is really up to him.

Hey, Aelis (nice username, by the way), just thought I'd welcome you to the forums! :D I hope you find some type of solace here and that you're able to get some good advice from others. I know LS has been a godsend for many people here.

As for your break up, it's funny that you said that you didn't love him at first, and that your ex felt strongly for you in the beginning. It reminded me of what happened in my own situation, and often times I look back with regret, wondering why I didn't immediately return his feelings like I probably should have. I know it's no use wishing that, since I suppose I can't change the past. But anyway, your ex did read your letter, which is nice in a way since he's not flat-out ignoring you. Like you said though, you've done all you can, so maybe it's for the best that you start making the first steps of moving on... just in case things don't turn out as desired.