Finding it harder and harder to cope..

Mag-Lone-Freak

Mag-Lone-Freak

My boyfriend is an addict who I agreed to get involved with because besides being interested in him and the chemistry, he promised he'd also quit smoking, but its been 2 and a half years of wishy washy progress and comments from him on the subject like, he can't right now, or he's quit other worse drugs so now that he's smoking pot and cigarettes are great progress, but he's relapsed on other stuff many times acting. That along with his snappy and vulgar attitude towards me, using reverse psychology, telling him if I break up with him, I'm shallow etc... Its starting to get old now, yet I feel stuck. Neither of us seem to be enjoying each others company now. I sometimes dread coming home to deal with him going out to have a smoke thinking he's getting high too like last night.. People keep telling me he will never change but I'm hoping I have a rare exception...

My boyfriend is an addict who I agreed to get involved with because besides being interested in him and the chemistry, he promised he'd also quit smoking, but its been 2 and a half years of wishy washy progress and comments from him on the subject like, he can't right now, or he's quit other worse drugs so now that he's smoking pot and cigarettes are great progress, but he's relapsed on other stuff many times acting. That along with his snappy and vulgar attitude towards me, using reverse psychology, telling him if I break up with him, I'm shallow etc... Its starting to get old now, yet I feel stuck. Neither of us seem to be enjoying each others company now. I sometimes dread coming home to deal with him going out to have a smoke thinking he's getting high too like last night.. People keep telling me he will never change but I'm hoping I have a rare exception...

Pfft let him think what he wants. Anyone that hears your story would understand why you left. You have stuck it out with him for 2 years. He is just saying that to keep you around, its very selfish.

If I were you, I would leave and tell him there is no chance unless he cleans up. By leaving you show him you mean business... but if you stick around (as you have) he won't change (as he hasn't).