Dream ruined my day?

bel

It's been two months of NC. Today I dreamed my ex had changed his facebook profile pic to one with his new gf. Woke up sobbing histerically and had to hold back tears the whole day.

Such a stupid dream- I can't believe I let it affect me so much. I'm too old for this!

Anyone had their own mind ruin the day like this?

Anyone had their own mind ruin the day like this?

Well I've had my own mind and my own EYES.

As I had to see my ex with the guy she cheated on me with, all the time (we all work at the same company), and now I get to see her with the new guy (that's two guys in less that 7 or 8 months since we broke up).

So yahhh.. if I'm moving on even after such a hard time, I think specially people who don't get the misfortune of seeing their ex, has it simpler.

It also helps that I sold my car months ago and now take the bus and also go have lunch at home, so I have a wonderful time on midday seeing the city, the sun, the other amazingly beautiful women waiting for me to straighten up my life... and all of that :D

those dreams are the worst...i understand.

but your post made me want to share with you a dream i had a few nights ago so maybe it'll give you some comfort?

this is a little cheesy but i think it meant something

i've been strugglin with my breakup recently (hence my presence here) and the other night i dreamt i went to his house (even though i know he doesn't live there anymore) and in this dream i had a weird awkward goodbye with his family (it was all blurry and fuzzy but that was the gist of the dream) - i was contemplating leaving a picture of myself there for him to find but his dad advised me against this - ((actually it was * my dad * my brain substituted for his dad - i was not close to his family - but hey my brain knows * my * dad loves me!)

also in the dream was me trying to exchange phone numbers with his sister so we could "stay in touch" but for some reason i couldn't get the number to save in my phone

dream ended with me saying bye and leaving the house

he was not in it

i have not actually cried about our breakup in kind of awhile - but that morning i was in tears

but it felt good. it felt cathartic.

it felt like...something broken in me healed. like i was able to let go of something. it felt really major.

i'm not saying i'm 100% over the breakup ...but sometimes dreams help.

hope you feel better soon.

Edited by nevadagirl