Does a new bf/gf affect your healing?

smokey bear

Does a new bf/gf affect your healing?

Does it stop the process?

Help the process?

or Make it go slower?

Do you have to be alone to truly heal or is it possible to do while with a new partner?

Philosoraptor

Yes it does have an affect on your healing. If you are constantly comparing a new interest to an old flame you are being unfair to the new interest and you're only going to hurt more. You can round out your healing while with someone new, but you need to keep your old feelings and relationship separate from your new one. This is a new person, a new relationship, and a new start. The past is the past and it should stay there.

• Author

Wilson its a different situation this time, last time i done the jumping ship, the answer to my question in terms of that is yes it affected my healing, i did not process the break up at all until i was single again.

Im asking from a dumpee point of view this time who has been single for nearly 5 months, will a new boyfriend slow down, help or stop the last bit of healing i need xx

Your a right cocky prick when you want to be, lol. My kinda guy!!!!

Direct your love and energy onto another will of course break those emotional bonds, but so often so many of us simply aren't ready for someone new and that often makes us feel worse as we do the whole comparing thing. We see the new person and wish they were the ex.

I guess it all comes down to being ready to move on before you can actually move on.