The ex's wife's bday

lilyblue

Just feeling sad. It's been 9 weeks since my ex disappeared on me. Eventually I found out that he went back to his ex-wife. It's her bday today and I just can't help but picture what a fun day they're having. It feels dumb to be so affected by it, but I am. I just feel so lonely and abandoned.

Day after Thanksgiving doesn't help either. He had talked so many times about spending it with my family. Feel so alone.

• 1 month later...
perfectlyflawed459

Oh I know the feeling. I felt that punch in the gut when it was my ex's birthday back in December. However the day after his birthday, his best friend's dad randomly told my mom that my ex had spent his entire birthday with his bestfriend and the rest of his guy friends and that they were going to keep on spending time together that day. Although we may have these pictures in our head that they are having the best time of their life during holidays or special events, sometimes it may not be as bad as we think. Just keep your head up and try not to think the worst. I know that is hard, but it does get a little easier with time.

• Author

Thanks for your thoughts. It's been a little while since that day. It was his birthday about a week after that, and that was also hard as I saw her family posting about how they couldn't wait to see him on his fb. He later friended her and unfriended me and deleted all my pics.

I know I shouldn't be, but part of me is holding out hope that I will hear from him again one day. He was one of my best friends, a consistent part of my life (even though we didn't date that long, he was long before that as a friend) and I still miss him a lot. Some days are worse than others, but sometimes I just can't help but think that this is not what is supposed to be happening in my life right now. Home at 8:30 on a Saturday night last night, while I'm sure he's having a great time with her. It's been 3 months since they got back together which seems like a somewhat significant amount of time that makes me think things must be going well. My family has a vacation house that I was at last weekend that his brother has a house a block away from. I saw the family's car there and I wanted to puke. It's so annoying that someplace I've been going since I was two will now be ruined for the summer by this - and that wasn't even him, it was his brother who I was friends with before him. I'll be on edge every time I'm there and without a doubt they will be there often.

So, I don't feel like I've made that much progress I guess. I still think about them all the time. None of our mutual friends think it will last, but so far... so good.