going out with my man and his ex-fiancee's ex-best friend... What should I do???

rogue_kiss

Heya - I just found this forum... And, I wish I had sooner!

I was wanting advice...

See, my boyfriend was engaged to this girl over a year ago, and they wound up breaking up (thank God, or whoever's out there). BUT, he still keeps in contact with some of her friends (who aren't her friends anymore, because she really, honestly is a biznitch).

This weekend, we are going out of town to see one of the ex-fiancee's ex-friends, who is a female and who had expressed massive interest in dating my man. I'm sure you can see why I'm not thrilled about this "date".

There will be at least one other person with us, making us a group of 2 girls and 2 guys, but I'm sure you can see why I might be jealous/upset/not wanting to go on this "date".

Any advice on what I ought to wear, how I should act towards this chick, anything??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

~KT

My advice would be to wear something classy, not trashy. And you should be cordial and confident. Know that he is your man, not hers. Be confident about that and treat the other girl with respect and friendship and things should be fine. Remember, he has choosen to be with you, not her! Remember that whenever you are worried about her.

And don't forget to smile.

Just remember, Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Really try to have one on one conversation with her, try to be her friend. I'm sure if she has alterior motive, you will be able to see through that. Just don't put yourself out there looking like the one that doesn't try. Then if there is a problem, it can't be thrown against you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• Author
rogue_kiss

Thank you! I'll let you all know how it goes...

My plan so far is to go use my birthday present from my boyfriend (a gift certificate to a spa for a massage) earlier in the day to loosen up...

Make sure I look as good as possible: nice, not trashy.

I'll try as hard as I can to "be the better woman" in thoughts, words, and actions.

And, yes. I must remind myeslf that he chose ME and not her if any doubt or worry crosses my mind.

Thank you all, again! I'll keep you informed...

*hugs*

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Wow, sorry I didn't report back sooner, but...

My boyfriend cancelled the whole thing! He decided that since there was only going to be 4 of us, it wouldn't be fun. So, we went out with a bunch of friends to our usual bar (like we do pretty much every Saturday night).

So, I lucked out and didn't have to deal with this girl - yet.

Thanx for the advice and support!