!!! could i be pregnant??

loveburden

im on my first pack of pills. being taking them for 7 days yesterday. but today i forgot and i had unprotected sex but took the missed pill a few hours after... what are the chances that i am pregnant?

• Author

could someone please say something, i am sort of scared... it was stupid of me to forget, but i just need someone to confirm that there is no way i could fall pregnant.

Sorry, but there is certainly a chance that you are pregnant.

You can start taking pre-natal vitamins, limit your intake of caffeine, and stop drinking and smoking, and wait until you can take a home pregnancy test. Better safe than sorry.

I remember my dad telling me "If you are mature enough to have an adult relationship, you need to be mature enough to take care of yourself." Babies are a very big deal; playing roulette with pregnancy is a risky way to live your life.

Go get plan b if you're worried. You have 48 hours to take it, but the sooner you take it the better since it's not 100% guaranteed to work.

How old are you? Perhaps you should get counseled by a doctor or other qualified person about safe sex and birth control.

You don't sound like you're mature/experienced/informed enough to be a mother, so I seriously hope you are not pregnant.

Use condoms, always. Please!

Yes, there may be a slim chance. If you don't want to be pregnant you can take the 'morning after' pill, which should reduce most of the risk, but not all. There is also the coil which you can have put in up to 5 days after you had unprotected sex. I would advise you to go to your doctor ASAP and discuss your options, you should be able to make the appointment confidential.

If you are pregnant, a pregnancy test won't show up until a few weeks into the pregnancy. Good luck!

im on my first pack of pills. being taking them for 7 days yesterday. but today i forgot and i had unprotected sex but took the missed pill a few hours after... what are the chances that i am pregnant?

Go to Planned Parenthood and ask for emergency contraception. Most are great for up to five days after unprotected/sort of unprotected sex. The sooner you take it, the more effective it is, but it still reduces your chances.

Here's something about the pill, too - you do not need to take it at the exact same time every single day. What's important is taking it at ROUGHLY the same time every day. When you say a 'few hours' - how much are we talking? Two? No big deal. Three? Getting there. More than 3? Could be a problem, albeit not a huge one. Most pills now are effective after 7 days of taking them. You barely made that mark, but you're still within that margin.

Set an alarm on your phone to help you remember. It may also be important to talk to your pharmacist and pick a better time for you to take it.

I take mine at 5 o'clock every day. Because this is usually the end of the work day. I always remember it for that reason.

The chances that you could be pregnant are always there. But...start using condoms or spermicide, or both, in conjunction with the pill to put your mind at ease.

In the future, you might also consider other hormonal contraceptives out there. The arm implant, the uterine implants, the patch, the injection, etc.

If you have unprotected sex during your FIRST pack of pills, you should go and get some emergency contraception as soon as possible. The hormones in the pill need to build up in your body to be effective - that is why doctors tell you to abstain or use condoms until you have completed your first pack of pills.

Missing a pill is a different issue, and since you took it a few hours later, you would normally be fine, BUT because you are only in your first week of pills, you have a problem. Go and get the morning after pill!