Benchwarmer?

A few months ago I posted "heartbroken rebound girl". The guy I really cared about was not into me and blah blah and we mutually agreed to not date anymore. I could see he needed time to heal over the death of a girlfriend, etc. He immediately got back together with his ex girlfriend that he had been seeing in between the one who died. (He ping pongs.)

So, he never contacted me the past three months, although once in a blue moon I would call him to say "hi" and keep it light.

Well, guess what? The "toxic" relationship he jumped back into? Jumped back out and has started calling me again.

After talking on the phone a couple of weeks we went out and had a good time and had a one nighter. He gave me the "much rather have a good friendship than a bad relationship" speech, but he hung out with me most of the day.

He has been calling me almost everyday, which is rare for him. Even when we were dating I only heard from him every two or three days.

I realize he is rebounding again. I told him that I was "sorry I molested him" that night, and assured him I would not do it again. And that he was right about just being friends. Yet he still calls.

He has expressed that someday he wants to have someone to love and be loved, but right now he just wants to be by himself. We live 45 miles apart anyway. I think we would be a good match as we have a lot in common and I am so comfortable with him and have so much fun. How do I peak his interest in me as more than a friend? How do I create a lasting attraction? Guys?

I'm a girl but will write anyway.

I say don't give him any more of yourself. I say be friends with him and keep holding back. If he tries to have sex with you or flirt, etc, keep holding back. And if he starts to complain or wonder why you aren't doing that anymore, tell him you want to be more than friends with him. Basically...make him work for it.

• Author

Be pretty much is holding back himself. We haven't hung out in almost two weeks. Just that once. And no more flirting. But he calls almost everyday. It drives me nuts. I'm already thinking about him all the time and wondering if he will. All that day. Maybe I just should not answer my phone