I "stole" a girl from her bf and now she's going back to that guy. Just need to vent

budisudaryo

Hi,

So I was interested with this girl who's also my ex's best friend (more about this later). At that time she had a bf but we would chat online everyday and by her responses I knew she liked me too. One thing led to another and then she confessed that she adores me and that she doesn't feel any chemistry with her on-off 2 year bf anymore and she was going to put an end of their relationship. About a week later, she finally broke up with him and we continued seeing each other. FYI, the bf had found out about the affair but somehow didn't broke up with her.

About 2 months later, she started acting distant and finally she told me she couldn't see me anymore. The reason was she thought she wouldn't ever get the courage to tell her best friend about us and she was hinting that her best friend still loves me.

I went LC with her and 2 months later (a few days ago) I heard a rumor that she and her ex went back together. Maybe I should'nt have done this, but I asked her if that's true. She said it's not an official gf/bf thing but yes, they've been seeing each other. My jealousy led me to ask where did it start. She said they only started to get close again about 2 weeks ago. And when she was with me she never thought about getting back together with him. But now she sees them as a brand new couple and puts the past behind. FYI this ex/bf is not what you'd call a nice guy. He likes to cheat and lie. The girl has been cheated and lied too many times and yet she keeps going back. Classic.

I was shocked by that and I felt like I got kicked in the face. I mean, my heart wouldn't hurt this bad if she dated other person. But it's the ex whom she left for me. Talk about who's having the last laugh. Anyway, I know I was guilty of stealing her and this is maybe what they call karma. In retrospect, he deserves her more and I deserve this for my wrongdoing. It's time to move on and I'd appreciate if someone willing to share their 2 cents or maybe similar experience. Thanks.

Agree with Woggle. I guess it did come back to bite you in the ass, but how could you have known it would happen. Things were obviously unresolved between her and her ex, hence the reason she went back to him. I'm sure it won't last. That doesn't mean you should pursue her again.. You can find someone better than that who doesn't flip flop between men constantly.

• Author

is it possible that she's using her ex as a rebound? because she missed me even a month after our breakup. also, when a girl uses someone as a distraction from her bf/ex, do they do that consciously? like, "hmmm I think this guy would be perfect for a distraction. maybe later I'll get back with my ex when he comes begging." are girls really that evil?

girls are more evil than u can imagen.

either way i wouldn't stress bout how u ''stole'' a girl from someone.

if it was true love between em then u nor anyone else would've stood a chance.

everything in love and war is fair , so is stealing a girl.

as long as she wasn't married and had kids then u shouldn't feel bad bout it.

not sure if she is simply rebounding and will come back to u

it could be that she will , and it could be that she won't.

i wouldn't wait on it.

in most cases , girls just don't know what they want.

all we can do is try our best to make them see what they have in front of em.

• Author
Her ex as the rebound? Dude, YOU were the rebound.

Yeah, I mean, I was a rebound and now he is a rebound. The last time we talked (3 days ago), she said she still feels sad about our breakup. That might tell us something.

• 3 weeks later...
childishregrets
girls are more evil than u can imagen.

either way i wouldn't stress bout how u ''stole'' a girl from someone.

if it was true love between em then u nor anyone else would've stood a chance.

everything in love and war is fair , so is stealing a girl.

as long as she wasn't married and had kids then u shouldn't feel bad bout it.

Its not fair at all, i admit in a way i stole my ex from someone but it was our friends who fixed us on a date and she told me by the time we started properly dating they were finnished and she never loved him.I let her stand me up on our first date so they could meet up and get closure.There was no pre talking about plans or expectations to be BF/GF just a date.What OP did was really below the belt and he owes that guy an aplogy or can expect a punch in the face somenight her EX is drunk.

After 3 years togeather i had the same done to me by her current husband.Bought gifts from first week and stayed overnight during first couple of days etc then moved in within a month.This after she ruined my life with her actions at the start and by cutting me off for him.We had some messed up issues that needed resolved yet im certain that by him doing what he did and turning her head it denied us the chance of ever getting closure and enabled her to basically run off and hide from the breakup pain.

So if this Girl got hit by lets say guilt a few years down the line and decided say she wanted to come back.Marriage would over ride what was done to me? I was there first without me there would be no marriage as the coward was apparantly disgusting while we dated.Thats her words about him pre breakup.

Lession learned OP never come between a couple and expect anything but the same in return.Ive said sorry to the guy i did it too but my ex has never said sorry to me or has her ******* rebound husband.

There is no such thing as karma they are living proof of that.Karma would mean that i too would get told sorry like all the other ex she rebounded on or at least a phone call but its been 8 years of silence and suffering and they are happy.

Edited by childishregrets

When I was a little girl my friend had a cat that I played with all the time. I actually liked that cat more than my friend and I thought the cat liked me more than her too. I laughed one day when the cat scratched her. I giggled and felt reassured that the cat definitely hated her. And then the cat scratched and bit me, hard.

It wasn't the cat's fault.

is it possible that she's using her ex as a rebound? because she missed me even a month after our breakup. also, when a girl uses someone as a distraction from her bf/ex, do they do that consciously? like, "hmmm I think this guy would be perfect for a distraction. maybe later I'll get back with my ex when he comes begging." are girls really that evil?

Doesn't matter. Stay away from women who stay with guys who cheat and lie to them repeatedly. You don't want to date that kind of woman.