GF, friend 8 years later..2

Hello fellow loveshackers! so its been a few months since I first posted about my situation (gf, friend 8 years later)...for those of you who are interested in some background info..

So since our first "date", we have spent every weekend together except one. With me spending the night most Saturdays. Needless to say it turns out that we both are interested in seeing where things go.

The issue I have is that she is moving away in May. If I had to I am in a position that I would be able to move as well if it came down to that. However I am not sure if it would the best thing for me.

We havn't had any sort of we are "exclusive" convo yet...it has been mentioned, but its not in stone, as she went on a casual date this past weekend with an old friend of hers...She talked to me about it, and said that it was nice to catch up, and that she had fun, but he isn't anyone who she would persue for a relationship.

Is the "exclusive talk" necassary? It sounds cliche, but she is perfect for me...Its just kind of frustrating not really knowing what exactly she wants...or what kind of convo we should have at this point, if any at all...thoughts?

How far is she moving? I refuse to do the LDR and they suck IMO ;)

She may be spending time with you b/c she likes you but knows it wont go anywhere since shes moving. Maybe she thinks you know that. If you want to be with her and her with you only, be honest. I guess she could give you that, but you need to remember shes moving. This wont be a long term relationship I dont think from what youve said.

• Author

LDR is out of the question, its a good 18 hours away from where we are now. We have actually talked about me moving out there, she brought that up. But like I sad, at this point, I am not sure if moving that far just to be with her is a good idea. However we do have a few months between now and then to see what happens.

She has hinted at the fact that she is interested in being more than what we are now, but like I said im not sure how serious she wants things to be.

I know she is interested in me. She also said that the only thing that she has been thinking about staying for is me...however the reason why she is moving is because her sons father is moving there, and she has an opportunity for school. I really am not in any position to get in the way of any of that, and that's something I have made clear. hmm Is the jump worth the potential fall?

Only you can answer if itd be worth it. Its a tough situation for you and I am not sure what other advice I can give. I hope for the best for you guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Why are you thinking about what happens in may? That is 6 months away!

If your relationship fizzles you'll have nothing to worry about in may, so don't even think about it, put it out of your mind and just enjoy yourselves and if it gets serious you can address may when it comes.

Re wanting to be exclusive what's wrong with telling her that. Just say look I'm pretty keen on you and either we go exclusive or we don't and right now I'm feeling this strong urge to want you to be my girl so don't freak out but do you want to go exclusive and be my girl?

It's either yes or no. Roll the dice. But don't be intense about it, laugh and smile and relax and if she says no then at least you know where you stand! Good luck dude!