Im 17 hes 25- he has a girlfriend-am i being played???

lauravalentina

lauravalentina

I have known him for 6 months. He has cheated on his girlfriend with me, apparently his relationship (3 years) with her is a bit rocky. he said to me at the beginning he doesn't want anything serious. he got a bit upset/worried when i accidentally rang his girlfriend.

however....

He texts me a lot in the week, tries to ring me and see me at any chance he gets. he is unbelievably sweet to me: showering me with compliments, always saying how much he misses me and likes me.

when i'm with him i can tell he feels lucky to be with me, and hes said to me that he has really deep feelings for me now. he cant stop holding me when we are together, and he has been asking my friend questions about me and telling her how amazing i am.

i just found out the other day from his brother that he has been lying about things i have done when i'm with him,(like: i got off the bed, shut the door and switched off the light because i was so eager to have sex) obviously he done this to impress them.......this hurt me, and has given me a wake up call to question whether i'm being played or not???

Yes. This guy sounds like a player and he is stringing you along.

Nothing about it adds up. Cut him off now and move on, else you'll be in for some serious hurt.

Why do you have his GFs number?

That being said, I honestly think 17 and 25 is to big of an age gap. When youre older it wont be, but for now...

Yes, he is using you. He is telling you things to keep you around and I know he makes you feel good, but this is just a big disaster.

I had the same thing when I was 17 and it ended badly. I was shattered.

You are already hurting, why keep on with this?? Find a guy closer to your own age and let things happen. Oh and maybe one w/o a girlfriend. ;) Good luck

OP, ask yourself what a 25-year-old man wants with a 17-year-old girl. The last poster is right in that at your age, it's just too much of an age gap. You're not even in similar life stages at this point. You're probably still in high school or just getting into college. Based on age, he should be out of that phase of his life.

The rule book of players is that no matter how good their relationship is, they will always tell you it's rough, it's her fault, etc., to try and justify their behavior. If it were so bad, wouldn't he just leave her and be with you? Obviously he's got your heart, right? So why is he staying with her?

And remember that if he can cheat with you, he will likely also cheat on you - IF he doesn't take accountability for what he's doing now and turn it around. And he likely won't. Sooner or later, you'd be the girlfriend he complains about to his next lover.

Move on and take care of yourself.