Celebrating birthday?

SelfCentered

So, it's my birthday on Sunday....yey. I had all these plans to do something with my ex, booked tomorrow and this Monday off work so I have a four day weekend.

Now obviously, those plans have gone out the window.

Any suggestions on what to do? Generals one or specific stuff to help with the breakup? I've been doing well this week, but can see "birthday alone depression" coming up.

I've got money. I've got willing friends. I've got a car, what I haven't got is an excuse not to do something.

Btw, I live in the U.K. so 'going to the beach and chilling out' isn't an option. :p

Philosoraptor

Mine is Tuesday so I can understand your thought process. I'd say if you've got everything lined up then you need to figure out something you've always wanted to do and do it for yourself. I'm going to one of the darkest places in the USA to stargaze this weekend for my birthday. You can apparantly see into the center of the Milky Way and it's a place I've wanted to go for awhile now. Going to rent a cabin and just enjoy my time there.

Give yourself the present of doing something you've always wanted to do. And a happy early birthday to you :)

• Author
Mine is Tuesday so I can understand your thought process. I'd say if you've got everything lined up then you need to figure out something you've always wanted to do and do it for yourself. I'm going to one of the darkest places in the USA to stargaze this weekend for my birthday. You can apparantly see into the center of the Milky Way and it's a place I've wanted to go for awhile now. Going to rent a cabin and just enjoy my time there.

Give yourself the present of doing something you've always wanted to do. And a happy early birthday to you :)

Thanks! Happy birthday to you too in advance!

I've got big birthday standards you see! Last year I was in Rome- which was a dream come true as I'd always wanted to go- and the year before I was with a friend in California.

I would have gone away this year too. Was thinking Istanbul. But my ex didn't want us to be apart for it, so nothing got booked and I went to Iceland instead in November with a friend for his birthday.

As it stands, this will be my first birthday in my hometown for 6 years! And my hometown sucks!

I might just surf the web tonight and brainstorm last minute ideas.

Have fun star gazing too! I worked in the States once and did some myself when I was based in the Grand Canyon. Fantastic!

Happy early birthday!

Bottom line make sure you get out and do something. You don't want to look back and think ' an ex who I have no feelings for any more, ruined my b day because I was stuck being sad over them and didn't want to celebrate