Confessed my love to a female friend. Rejected. how do I maintain the friendship? Con

Iconfessed my love to a best friend whom I have known for 2 years.

I care for her a lot, and we used to talk online everyday. The convos were great fun

In real life,our conversations can get awkward but gets less awkward if I spend ALOT of time with her.

We became really awkward after the confession. She was cold and did not respond to me. However, yesterday she improved a little and made the effort to joke. However, I was noticeably more distant with her because I am afraid she might take it the wrong way. I used to tease and joke with her and now Im cautious of doing that therefore it is still very awkward.

Where do I go from here? She has left the country for good. How do I keep my chances alive? or salvage the friendship? When I try to talk to her online, she replies once or twice then starts ignoring my msgs....is this normal?

Uggh, I am going through the same thing. My guy is passive aggressive though abut it. He's really nice and fun one day. The next day I'm ignored and he becomes a total stranger. Now he tells me he is still in love with ex he has broken up with many times. He only told me because someone else told me. We were so close for 8 months. Why couldn't he tell me? Now our friendship is dying.

Sorry, set her free. You're just prolonging the pain like I'm sadly doing.

• Author

I guess I just want to go back to the really close and fun friendship, that is more important to me. Im not pressurizing her to like me as more than a friend, I just want it back to normal.

She mentioned it will take some time to be back to normal. So im initiating conversations with her online as we used to do anytime anywhere (also she is overseas). She gives a reply , asks a question, I reply and she replies no more even if i say other stuff. What does this mean? :S

Citizen Erased

Are you sure you aren't waiting around for her to feel the same way?

If not, just give her space and move on. Find someone that actually thinks you're amazing, the situation with this girl won't remain awkward if there's nothing there anymore between you two. If you have a good friendship, it'll go back to normal.

• Author

No definitely nott waiting around. I just miss the old me and her together times, lots of flirting and lots of teasing. I dont know if she is ignoring my other msgs on purpose and maybe I should just back off for some time. But if she does not want to answer my msgs, why did she ask a qn like 'What have you been doing?' and theres the risk that backing off will make her think Im avoiding her. By talking to her from time to time, Im showing her that thats my normal self. So, i have a dilemma.

Backing off could heal wounds but it could also create distance. I never mention that I liked her anymore, just random stuff that I know we used to talk for ages about.