Confessed my love to a female friend. Rejected. how do I maintain the friendship? Con

dk1991

Iconfessed my love to a best friend whom I have known for 2 years.

I care for her a lot, and we used to talk online everyday. The convos were great fun

In real life,our conversations can get awkward but gets less awkward if I spend ALOT of time with her.

We became really awkward after the confession. She was cold and did not respond to me. However, yesterday she improved a little and made the effort to joke. However, I was noticeably more distant with her because I am afraid she might take it the wrong way. I used to tease and joke with her and now Im cautious of doing that therefore it is still very awkward.

Where do I go from here? She has left the country for good. How do I keep my chances alive? or salvage the friendship? When I try to talk to her online, she replies once or twice then starts ignoring my msgs....is this normal?

Where do I go from here? She has left the country for good

Move on to other women and romantic pursuits. As you've said, she's rejected you romantically and has left the country. Nothing more to really say.

If you and she had compatible attraction styles and she had found you attractive, she wouldn't have rejected you and wouldn't have distanced herself and wouldn't have left the country 'for good' as a finality.

Sometimes we invest in people who aren't for us. They let us. Good life lesson. Next time, don't invest yourself. Make your sexual attraction known as soon as you feel it. Learn to understand yourself better.

Don't talk to her online anymore. She's not meeting your needs or desires. Let it go. Say goodbye if you must but let it go. It's done.

Basically you shouldn't talk with her anymore. There's really no point in trying to save the friendship, it'll never be the same. A lot of us have been in your shoes and there's basically no hope for anything romantic to happen. The best thing for you to do is move on.

I wouldn't be so quick to move on... that is called planting a seed and it will probably be on her mind for a while... just go back to being yourself and act as if it didnt happen... women naturally love attention and she will process it and you will know either way... If you start acting to different she will probably pull away and your friendship could be risked...

If you really want the friendship, then just continue to talk to her. But if you want something more, which you do, better to leave it be. She's in another country, and now you need to move on. As tough as it is, cut off all contact and find someone who you connect with that's interested in you, which will happen once you get over this girl

• 2 weeks later...

Ah man, real sorry to hear about this.

You're going to have to let her go. It's a hard thing to swallow when you've known her for that time.

If she was interested in salvaging the friendship atleast, she wouldn't leave your life like that. The more you try, the further she'll distance.

It's like quick sand. You'll only sink faster.

Cry this one out if you have to. No shame in it. Then..

Get started on living your life again. School, work, the gym, hobbies, friends and family etc. Your mind will numb out and eventually you'll come to learn from your mistakes and grow from this.

Best of luck man.