Do you always forget you ex when a new bf shows up?

Magda70

Hi all there,

I would like to share my experience with you as this never happened to me before and I am not a girl any longer (41): we broke up in July, have been on a break up to Sept then we broke up definitively. In October, I started a relationship with someone I knew already for a while who had already showed his interest.

So - I know - technically this is a rebound but he is a really good guy, the relationship is serious and I have definitively fallen in love with him. He also treats me much more decently than my previous but I still cannot stop thinking to my ex.

I am struggling to find the difference between this ex and the other exes. Up to now, I have always been able to get over an ex especially whenever a new bf arrived.

Why this time does not work?

Note that:

* I have started other relationships shortly after a bu;

* I have had longer relationships (5.5 years) than that with my ex (3 years);

* I have been dumped a few times before already.

The real differences I see now are that:

* I was persuaded he was the "one" (never happened before);

* He treated me like s..t lately and I feel I lost my dignity and his respect by trying to gain him back when he was not totally convinced...(he did not show...but this is another story);

* I am now also unemployed (so problems piling up, more free time to think to my ex, etc).

I wonder what counts more in being unable to get over an ex?

I mean how does it work for you reading this forum?

Thanks,

Magda

Edited by Magda70