Still seems a little strange...

now_what

My ex left me for another woman after 30 years of marriage. He remarried shortly after our dissolution 2 years ago and I remarried last summer. We still have some money dealings and I emailed him (he will not speak to me on the phone) to ask him what day he would be making a payment because I was going to be off on disability having surgery and was trying to plan my money. I'm not sure why, but I mentioned that I was having a mastectomy with reconstructive surgery. I figured he might wish me well with my surgery (I would for him) but he said nothing just "Hi" and what day he would be depositing money. It just feels strange that someone I spent so much of my life with just seems to be fading farther and farther away as more time goes by. We have three grown children who he has contact with, so I'm grateful for that. I'm not really complaining here, it just seems odd.

It's not odd. He's purposely disconnected. He connected to her now and this gives him the opportunity to show you his firm boundary.

My exH is married now - when he steps into emotional or private conversations - its inappropriate - I let him know clearly "those conversations are for your wife - remember you aren't married to me anymore."

Stop sharing personal info - he's not your husband any longer.

Your expectations are that he cares - he doesn't - IF he did you'd still be married!

Count your blessings. Best wishes.

• Author

Thanks 2sunny, you are right. I'm just in a funny place right now getting ready for surgery next week - I guess in a contemplative mood. My new husband is great, I don't think I could find anyone more supportive and caring. HIS ex wife however has not gotten the memo that they aren't married anymore - too long of a story lol.