Unblocked the ex on FB

Jonnyy

Ive been contemplating this for awhile now. Its been 5 months since the break up, last time she talked to me was to ask for her brothers track spikes back, which was a little over a month and a half ago. Last time i initiated any contact with her was about early october maybe.

I really dont know if this is considered breaking NC at all but i did it anyways. It hurt. I was shaking a little during the process but i got through it. I think im glad i did it. Im not sure yet. Its only been an hour or so. Although ive been contemplating it for a while, it was kind of a spur of the moment type of thing.

I guess the reason im posting is because im unsure on what to do next. She probably hasnt realized that ive unblocked her yet and it might take awhile. I didnt friend her so we are still not friends on FB.

Like ive said in other posts, ive been on a roller coaster of emotions lately and im definitely not over her quite yet. I think about her constantly lately. Most of you will probably think that unblocking her was a terrible idea but i for one am thinking that it will turn out to be a good thing. I feel as though it will help me heal more. Why? No idea. Just a feeling. Im confident in myself that i can stay strong, not look at her profile, not have panic attacks everytime i see her name or face or picture or anything. I feel that if i can get over these little things that cause me anxiety and pain, then i will be on the right track to take down this whole healing process all together.

One question i do have, though, is this... What if she friends me? I dont know if i can handle being her friend and seeing everything she posts. yet at the same time i dont want to have to tell her that i dont think being friends is a good idea quite yet. Advice on this hypothetical situation LS?

Im very hopeful for what 2012 has to offer, and this is my first step into better healing and moving on.

You can unsubscribe from her feed so your news feed won't have any of her status updates, if you accept a friend request from her. It's quite a good facility to use for frenemies, spammers, overly-enthusiastic parents who post bazillion of photos of their newborns having a dump, eating their thumbs etc etc.

Out of sight, out of mind. If you don't have a sporadic stream of information about her, you'll find it easy to pull yourself together and so therefore be ready for your next relationship...

You can unsubscribe from her feed so your news feed won't have any of her status updates, if you accept a friend request from her. It's quite a good facility to use for frenemies, spammers, overly-enthusiastic parents who post bazillion of photos of their newborns having a dump, eating their thumbs etc etc.

Out of sight, out of mind. If you don't have a sporadic stream of information about her, you'll find it easy to pull yourself together and so therefore be ready for your next relationship...

i don't think that he will be getting any feeds from her since they are not friends on fb.

I did the same thing, unblocked her at about 6 month mark, we are not friends anymore on fb. I didn't know that when you block them (you are friends) and than unblock them you are not friends on fb anymore.

I won't hurt after some time has passed, maybe she gets to see your profile too.

I am a little sceptical on becoming friends on fb though, it would mean friend-zoning and I am not sure if you want to go that route.

i don't think that he will be getting any feeds from her since they are not friends on fb.

If he accepts a friend request from her, he would.

I am a victim of the FB crises and had a meltdown after I saw my ex's facebook page. I blocked him and it remains blocked. I have strong, STRONG urge sometimes to go to his page, but I never do. I'm so happy about that. If I go back to his FB page, I would either be very, very hurt...devestated or want to be friends again. He's done too much. I stay away.