I don't get it why would he ask me this?

Hey Everyone :)

I am extemely dumb founded and very confused over a situation I am in at the moment..

I talked with a guy online for a little while before we finally met up. By the end of the night we had s*x on my call not his. I didn't think I would hear from him again but I did and everyday after. Same day we hung out we made plans to hang out again for New Years weekend for the whole weekend. I assumed it was to have s*x and just hang out but I was wrong. I got my monthly gift and after letting him know this he said "I'll live, this wasn't about just sex in the first place" which took me by surprise.

New Years weekend creeped upon us, and we ended up hanging out all weekend. He took me to his buddys house on NYE just to hang out. His buddy is a single dad so when he said he needed to go to the store I jumped and offered to watch the baby until he got back. About 40 or so mins later they came back, and the baby woke up and started to cry being a woman my first instint is to pick the baby up and when I did instantly the baby stopped crying his friend looking over in shock said " Shes a keeper, don't ever let her go " I just laughed it off.

*****-- Why did his friend say that? --*****

Monday came along and it was time for me to go home. So on the freeway he asked me a question on his way to drop me back off that basically caught me off guard.. He asked " What do you expect from me and What is it that I want from this? " I didn't know how to answer so I returned and said for him not to ask that because we had a hour left in the car together. He replied back with " Tell me, or i'll pull this car over until you answer " I assumed he was kidding and when I didn't answer he pulled the truck over to the side of the freeway. About 5mins of silence went by.. I finally answered and said I wanted him but that we'll talk more about this over burgers.. and we were on our way. At the Burger joint he asked again and again it caught me off guard. I stopped talking didn't answer and we continued the ride to drop me off. I finally responded and I said I want to be with him but I am unsure whether or not I can trust him or not, and I told him I don't expect nothing from anyone, because when you have no expectations you don't get let down. The conversation ended there He didn't say anything back on that subject.

*****-- Why did he ask me that? and Why was it so important for him to know? --*****

The keeper comment sounded like a light hearted joke. Like; if he fix a flat tire on your car your GF might say; "he's a keeper".

About his insecurities, and thats where that question has it's roots, the 2 of you had sex on the first date, which is fine, but most people will, at some point wonder, "what she/he does with me she /he will/has done with everyone", and that in itself is fine, but it can make building a relationship on a little rocky especially if there is insecurity.

I may be wrong but it also sounds like you are the type of person who reads too much into things. As Sigmund Freud use to say; "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

• Author

You are right I do read to much into things, I kinda wanna answer the question now just in more detail but I don't know if it would do much.. :/

You are right I do read to much into things, I kinda wanna answer the question now just in more detail but I don't know if it would do much.. :/

You will never know unless you do it? :)