Couldn't stop thinking about her and broke NC

jmy33

My ex (who i still have many feelings for) and i have been broken up for about 3 months now. Over new years i broke NC and wished her a happy new year. She responded, saying "you too." The next day my friends and i went out for dinner and guess who we ran in to. Yep, her, and her friends. FML. It's one thing to text her, but it has been a major setback by seeing her. I cant stop thinking about her, and what could have been. I miss her like crazy! It's hard to fall asleep at night because i know she doesn't feel the same way. I just want it all to end..

Don't worry too much about it. Losing contact with someone is a process in itself, and there will be a few hiccups along the way. We all have the occasional brain fart. As for wanting it to all end, that's perfectly normal too, and the emotional turbulence you're experiencing will end sometime shortly after you accept the relationship is over. To do that, you need to accept whatever feelings you have, acknowledge them, but keep on moving towards your goal at the same time. What's the bigger picture? What kind of person do you want to be in a year's time?

Read the guide linked in my signature. It may be of interest.

• Author

I've accepted the fact that the relationship is over. I know there is no chance of getting back together with her, but its like i still want to. I still miss everything we had. I can only think about all the good times, all the good memories, and everything good about her. We dated for 2 years before the split. So there are so many things that always remind me of her, whether it be a tv show we watched together, or place we ate at, it seems like everywhere i go, there is always something reminding me of her.

Maybe you miss having good times with someone, not her specifically. So the cure for that is to have good times. Create more happy memories to indulge in. And if you can do that on your own, so much the better.