Lunch with the ex's mom. Thoughts?

perfectlyflawed459

perfectlyflawed459

Hey guys, hope everyone had a Happy New Year :)

So I was at work the other day, and my ex's mom was shopping for groceries. She came to where I worked and said hello and gave me a big hug. She asked how I was and such so we chatted for a bit. Then she said that she has decided to go back to school and is going to attend the same college I go to. I told her I was really happy for her and she asked if I would like to grab lunch before school starts. I told her I would get back to her so I could find out my work schedule and such.

I am torn on whether I should go or not. I mean I love his mom, but idk if that is too weird. As far as I know, I think my ex is still seeing that other girl. I have stuck to NC strongly and have not texted, called, email, added him on FB, fished for info, nothing, so I am clueless on his life haha.

Philosoraptor

Chances are she will bring something up to set you back. If you go you need to set the rules that he will not be discussed and you need to keep the conversation about yourself and her.

• Author
perfectlyflawed459
Chances are she will bring something up to set you back. If you go you need to set the rules that he will not be discussed and you need to keep the conversation about yourself and her.

Thank you for your input :) I am going to think about it a little more. She does know about the situation between my ex and I, so I know she wouldn't bring up anything about him. If anything, it would be something minor which wouldn't bother me. I am 99.9% positive I will not hear anything about his relationship with the other girl or how great the other girl is; I mean, I like the believe there is a reason why she is asking me to lunch and not the other girl ;) hehehe.

I adore my ex's mom too but frankly,

I would only go to lunch if I was:

• Completely healed and news of him only elicited a yawn

• Hoping to keep my "foot in the door" and have news of me leak back to him via mummy

Are either of these your motivations for accepting?

If not, why would you go?

Honestly. :confused:

Yeah, I like my Ex's family a lot too, and one of the things that really upsets me is that I can no longer have the same relationship with them. So, should you go to lunch with your Ex's mom? I don't know...

Personally, I'd feel that it was an intrusion into my Ex's life. I know that's how I'd feel if my mom went to dinner with my Ex.

• Author
perfectlyflawed459
I adore my ex's mom too but frankly,

I would only go to lunch if I was:

• Completely healed and news of him only elicited a yawn

• Hoping to keep my "foot in the door" and have news of me leak back to him via mummy

Are either of these your motivations for accepting?

If not, why would you go?

Honestly. :confused:

Honestly, I do kind of want the second reason. I wouldn't mind if word got back to my ex from his mom that I am doing very well in my life and that I look really good (his mom always tells me that I look beautiful). Plus I do sincerely want to catch up with her. It has been awhile since I have seen her and I was very close to his entire family.

• Author
perfectlyflawed459
Yeah, I like my Ex's family a lot too, and one of the things that really upsets me is that I can no longer have the same relationship with them. So, should you go to lunch with your Ex's mom? I don't know...

Personally, I'd feel that it was an intrusion into my Ex's life. I know that's how I'd feel if my mom went to dinner with my Ex.

Yea I can see that...I do kind of feel like that too. I know his parents insist that they will keep in touch with me though. They are such wonderful people and I consider myself blessed that they still like me a lot even though my ex and I are broken up and is dating others.

• Author
perfectlyflawed459

Hey guys, just a little update. I have decided to meet my ex's mom for lunch next week. I am feeling pretty good about it so I will let you guys know how it goes :)