Last Words

Kamila

I have a question for you guys...

Have you ever had regrets dating a certain ex-partner?

" Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have said a word to that person. "

or in best case scenarios...

" I never regretted dating you... "

(That's what my ex told me in the last discussion we had a year ago. Whatever that meant. :confused:)

Philosoraptor

I regret nothing. Without my past I wouldn't be the person I am today. Sure there was plenty of pain, but plenty of growth and so much learned.

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: first, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third, by experience, which is the most bitter.”

- Confucius

Mme. Chaucer
I have a question for you guys...

Have you ever had regrets dating a certain ex-partner?

" Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have said a word to that person. "

Well, I don't have "regrets" except about things I've done that hurt other people.

I CAN say "knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have said a word to that person." BUT, I would not know what I know now if I had not. So, as unhealthy as a past relationship might have proved to be, I really think I needed to experience it in order to "know what I know now."

I don't think this is the case for every person. I am one of those who seems to need to learn from experience - and who historically does not listen to what I don't want to hear.

Whilst I still love my ex whole-heartedly, I sometimes wish I'd never met him.

I say this because, whilst I would have missed out on one of the happiest years of my life, I wouldn't be in the amount of emotional pain I am in right now.

Plus he's cut me out of his life completely so not only do I question his love for me but I also feel like our relationship was a waste of time - we were best-friends and yet now we're like strangers. What's the point?

Everything Poppy just said, but replace "him" for "her".

I think we have regrets in order for us to learn. Without them, we know nothing and never move on.

I dont regret dating this rebound girl, because I learned that I shouldnt invest too much financially in a girl- buying flowers, paying at cafe (sort of undercover contract hope). Im done with that, next time will be 50/50 %.

And I learned that its best to be alone than to pretend youre in a relationship. Check this small episode: were sitting in a cafe, as people (guys) walk in- she checks them out, and me too, the girls. Gosh, it was so fake =)

And from the first Girl I sort of learned that I need to know what I want from a person, state my needs, cause I couldnt say the Girl that I want to become intimate, it was just goofing around, she was too classy to fall for sex, and of course I couldnt talk about long term relationship because my finances are none, so it was just goofing around and me receiving judgements and criticism and replaying it and analysing ---> I was Mr Nice Guy, not saying that I aint now, but gotta know what I want with a person.

TheJiltedGeneration

only regret for me really is "CONTINUALLY" dating my ex even after the red flags evinced her real ugly side to her character. I kind of also regret a few snide comments I made in june but then again after she acted, something had to give..

the biggest regret I guess was meeting her ... tbh.. sorry all this time fraught with obstructing emotions where I could have learned japanese proficiently, been able to draw and even watch more anime shows.. wrote reviews, I consider my time with her and knowing her a blight on my life more than anything else now...

*sigh* ok.. one thing that was genuinely my fault, I don't think it would have changed anything but I wonder if I didnt send drunken msgs that were links to david bowie songs as well as how much I loved her, if anything would have changed that and not sent at all... (only did it twice...) .. doubt it though..

Edited by TheJiltedGeneration

You learn something or take something from each relationship that helps build the model of who you are and what you want as well as what you don't want in a mate.

I can only think of one or 2 women that I thought were wastes on my time to date.. turned out both had big alcohol issues, I always wanted the girl I was having sex with to remember it the next day :laugh:

collegeguy_24

My few regrets is giving up all my pride and dignity to beg her to come back.

I regret being so vengeful in the first place, letting my emotions take control of me and pushing her further away.

I also regret not being a man during our relationship, but not as much as I regret the other to.

Regrets? Yes. I regret meeting him. I regret giving him so many chances. I regret having a relationship with him. I regret ever sleeping with him.

I regret every single minute I spent with my ex. Every single second. All the needless pain and suffering for nothing. The 3 years I wasted. I regret it all.