Meeting people thru the internet. Rate of success?

jana

I just tried posting my profile on excite.com and kiss.com to see what would happen and I got alot of replies from all over the world from different men.

I didn't respond to all the emails because I didn't have the time. I was wondering what the success rate was. I didn't put a photograph in because there is no way I would want someone recognizing me. It just amazes me that people actually put their photos online. Isn't that a risky thing to do? imagine if your boss saw it.

i also give an alternate email address to protect my identity before screening the people.

What are your experiences with this?

As far as success rate, it depends on what your meaning of success is. You said you got many responses, so it seems in that way your ad had already been quite successful. If you mean actually meeting people, I think people are as successful as they are agressive. When it comes down to happily dating, the rate dips quite a bit.

Many people are not totally honest in the ads. Many use other people's pictures. Some are dishonest about their height, weight, etc. Let's be brutally honest. Most normal people are quite able to find dates without help of the Internet, which just came along five or six years ago as we know it today. Dating has been around for a lot longer than that.

There are many people who successfully meet, date and marry via the world wide web. The Internet is one of the greatest places on earth to match yourself with someone totally compatible if both people matched have been honest with their data input.

It is an extreme case that anyone reveals their identity through an Email address. Why would using an alternative Email adddress give you less exposure. Unless your address is something like [email protected],California.com I don't think you would have much of a problem with most Email addresses. Just use good sense. Your problem will be when you meet someone for the first time. Best to do it in a very public place and, if I were a girl, I would have someone watching closeby.

I have heard about many great successes of people who found the loves of their lives online and are extremely happy. From time to time, I hear of great disappointments and even nightmares from online situations. But that happens no matter how you meet the person.

There have even been those with soft hearts that have loaned people hundreds...and even thousands...of dollars online and never gotten it back. Never even heard from the person again. USE GOOD SENSE and use your intuition. Cut a relationship off if it stops feeling right...and try not to delude yourself.

I wouldn't have an online relationship with anyone more than 30 days without meeting them in person. You can bet that if a person puts off meeting you more than 30 days and they are within a few hours of you, they are severely deformed, the same sex as you are, ugly as sin, a lot older or younger than they've said, or one of America's most wanted.

If they live more than a few hours from you, never even start anything in the first place. It's not worth the hassle, although there have been successes there as well.

Puting your picture on the Internet is no less risky than walking the street in three dimension. If your picture is on the screen and someone takes a hammer to the glass, you will not be hurt. Now if you are ugly as sin, that may be a risk in that you may not get many replies.

If your boss saw your picture, if he was mature, he would think you were looking to meet people on the Internet. If he was some immature dork, you probably work at the corner burger stand and who cares what he thinks anyway.

I know of a man who met his future wife on the Internet, they were 11,000 miles apart and he is the happiest guy on the planet now. But I think that is an extreme exception.

Good luck and be very careful. While the Internet is a wonderful place to make great friends, it is riddled with deceit, heartbreak and nightmares.

I havae read that people who date through the internet have a higher rate of Venereal disease. Also, the internet is a good venue for psychopaths and liars. I think it is always best to see the person to feel if the vibrations are right. It is very easy to fall in love with an illusion.

As far as success rate, it depends on what your meaning of success is. You said you got many responses, so it seems in that way your ad had already been quite successful. If you mean actually meeting people, I think people are as successful as they are agressive. When it comes down to happily dating, the rate dips quite a bit. Many people are not totally honest in the ads. Many use other people's pictures. Some are dishonest about their height, weight, etc. Let's be brutally honest. Most normal people are quite able to find dates without help of the Internet, which just came along five or six years ago as we know it today. Dating has been around for a lot longer than that. There are many people who successfully meet, date and marry via the world wide web. The Internet is one of the greatest places on earth to match yourself with someone totally compatible if both people matched have been honest with their data input. It is an extreme case that anyone reveals their identity through an Email address. Why would using an alternative Email adddress give you less exposure. Unless your address is something like [email protected],California.com I don't think you would have much of a problem with most Email addresses. Just use good sense. Your problem will be when you meet someone for the first time. Best to do it in a very public place and, if I were a girl, I would have someone watching closeby. I have heard about many great successes of people who found the loves of their lives online and are extremely happy. From time to time, I hear of great disappointments and even nightmares from online situations. But that happens no matter how you meet the person. There have even been those with soft hearts that have loaned people hundreds...and even thousands...of dollars online and never gotten it back. Never even heard from the person again. USE GOOD SENSE and use your intuition. Cut a relationship off if it stops feeling right...and try not to delude yourself. I wouldn't have an online relationship with anyone more than 30 days without meeting them in person. You can bet that if a person puts off meeting you more than 30 days and they are within a few hours of you, they are severely deformed, the same sex as you are, ugly as sin, a lot older or younger than they've said, or one of America's most wanted. If they live more than a few hours from you, never even start anything in the first place. It's not worth the hassle, although there have been successes there as well. Puting your picture on the Internet is no less risky than walking the street in three dimension. If your picture is on the screen and someone takes a hammer to the glass, you will not be hurt. Now if you are ugly as sin, that may be a risk in that you may not get many replies. If your boss saw your picture, if he was mature, he would think you were looking to meet people on the Internet. If he was some immature dork, you probably work at the corner burger stand and who cares what he thinks anyway. I know of a man who met his future wife on the Internet, they were 11,000 miles apart and he is the happiest guy on the planet now. But I think that is an extreme exception. Good luck and be very careful. While the Internet is a wonderful place to make great friends, it is riddled with deceit, heartbreak and nightmares.

Just wanted to add that I'm actually flying to the US from Australia to meet someone I met on the net. Luckily for me she seems to be one of the most honest people I've ever met.

But (as I guess you are finding out) you can meet a LOT of people quickly on the net, and you should be somewhat prepared to have to balance your feelings for one person over another in a way that probably you probably wouldn't have to in real life.

I'll let you know how successful my own foray is...