Is there a chance my friend can become more?

So here are the facts:

-Met this girl the second day I moved out to SF at my church

-We go on a dinner date to get to know each other the next day

-From there, we continuously text each day from then on out...and have a good hang out once or twice a week between out busy schedule....so we are definitely starting out a friendship first.

-She doesn't seem like she is in the mood to date anyone at this time because she has to get a job post college (graduated in dec) and find an apt in the city which isn't always easy.

-But we continue to hang out more, by going out to dinner together, going to Napa Valley, driving around late at night, watching movies at my place, etc.

-She even mentions going on trips with me places (i.e. Chicago and the Grand Canyon)

-Her mom comes into town and her mom tells me she has told her a ton about me and talks about me a lot.

-We all (the mom included) have gone out a lot together and she told her mom really likes me me on day one.

SOOOOO....my question is this: I definitely have feelings for her....I'm pretty sure she does for me too....but I think we both are stuck bc one isn't taking that step.

SO.....what do you guys think is the deal and what should I do?

Thanks!;)

Chances are if she says to you that she isnt in the mood for a relationship, its bullshyt, she just doesnt want a relationship with you. But she knows that if she told you that straight up, you will pull your friendship away. So I would think she is using you for friendship and free meals until she finds the guy she really wants to date.

BUT, if you think she really has feelings for you, then you need to physically escalate the situation. Light touching, lots of flirting and eventually go in for a kiss. If she pulls back and comes up with another excuse, then you need to bail on this one.

• Author

Well in response, she really didn't say it like that or I ask her about it.....it just speaks for itself right now bc she isn't guaranteed to stay in town if she doesn't find work.