does she dig me....

well, i did not know her till she started talking to me, about my interests, Every time i talk to her, it seems she has a smile on her face. (last weekend) it went to voice cuz her phone died before i called. it seems like to me, though, when ever i talk to her, it seems she just stares at me with a smile on her face. salsa dancing was good, i was one of the lucky ones to have a one partner for the dancing these past two days when they told us to pick if we wanted a partner. i did, i was one of the lucky ones to have a single partner and not random people. she accepted my request to be my Salsa Partner in gym....Most people who had set partners were good friends, we had just been friends for a little bit over 2 months. Her friends know she likes someone, but i don't know whom, they mentioned that she had gotten texts from him (I have texted her before). When I talekd to her her vocal tone changed and her volume increased. After i talked to her, her friend and her were giggling. And After we did the partner Salsa Dance, Her female friend ran off with her.... I talked to her friend during gym and she told me "next time i snows don't text her, talk to her (something like that; but she did explicitly mention don't text); I was talking to her friend and her in the Cafeteria and her sister yells to us to "stop flirting". The Next day I saw one of her friends while talking to her looking in my general direction and i noticed, several seconds later she looked away, looked in my general directionfor about 10-20 seconds.

Generally, men don't pick up on the signals and notice when women like them. You are picking up on something. That means she very likely is sending out strongs indicators that she's interested. Talk to her!

• Author
Generally, men don't pick up on the signals and notice when women like them. You are picking up on something. That means she very likely is sending out strongs indicators that she's interested. Talk to her!

I talk to her Numerous times though out the day at school. I do have her contact number. We are planning on possibly going to the school play as I said in my prior post as friends as of right now. She was the only one whom today was able to lift my mood at school (being single on valentines day sucks). I have hinted/ told her flat out i am considering asking her but the way i told her is that I am going to see if two other friends can go first but truly I am not asking them as I am secretly planning to ask her to the senior prom at Walt Disney World on our senior trip. When I told someone off on Tuesday, she allowed me to sit with her to calm my nerves and told me to join the Journalism class (she has journalism at the same period I would. One of the upcoming weeks I will ask her what she thinks of me... With out freaking her out.

this is a high school thing, huh? there is unresolved attraction between the two of you. you must be brave young man, and respectfully tell her how you feel, or try kissing her. be respectful about it. don't be a jerk if she rejects you. just roll with it. there are lots of awesome people out there and you have your whole life ahead of you. but for now, it can't hurt to try.

• Author
this is a high school thing, huh? there is unresolved attraction between the two of you. you must be brave young man, and respectfully tell her how you feel, or try kissing her. be respectful about it. don't be a jerk if she rejects you. just roll with it. there are lots of awesome people out there and you have your whole life ahead of you. but for now, it can't hurt to try.

I think the unresolved attraction will become more unresolved. I just two days ago, we've only said hi and bye to each other once. But, I have noticed that when she talked to me on the two separate occasions her voice is higher than normal in pitch. Now that would mean in my book that I will just cease the conversation. when she said bye to me she had a hafe smile on her face, and when she said hi to me, she looked over at me and then looked away.

NoMagicBullet

Yeah, she's interested. Or was interested. Like Dorie said, she was likely sending out major signals. I'd call them major signals, given that this is high school. But it's almost 2 weeks since you started this post. Waiting to make a move at this age often means losing out.

Hinting that you were considering asking her to the school play but saying you were going to ask two other friends first -- BIG MISTAKE. You've failed to make a move prior to this, and now you've indicated that as far as companionship goes, you'd rather be going with other friends instead of her. You still haven't show her that you are interested in her. So at this point she feels stupid for being interested in you. Of course things have gone cold/hostile between you two. She decided you're not interested in her, and because having unrequited feelings suck, she's avoiding you and trying to move on.

If you would have just asked her to the play -- really, it was a great, low-risk opportunity to ask her out -- instead of playing it cool and playing games, you probably could have saved yourself and her a lot of hurt. Not sure if she would give you a second chance, because you blew an easy first chance. If you still want to try for this girl, it's going to be that much more difficult now.